Wednesday 31 March 2021

Acres Club, Greenacre



Acres Club is located in Greenacre and has been doing Sunday Sessions in March in partnership with Stone and Wood (Mr Weekend Food Escapes loves their beer). There's been a whole lot of action for the kiddies with a jumping castle, playground, face painting and for the adults, an adults only area with games and live music for good vibes. Keep an eye out on their website for upcoming events. I haven't had a drink in about a year so this was where I was going to be reunited with alcohol!
I arrive at Acres Club just before 12pm and by 1pm, it's a full house so I suggest making a reservation for a table if you want to sit inside. 

I sit down and notice there's a few large tables with events on today! How nice, the table nearby has lots of balloons and a fancy cake ready for their event. I celebrate this particular Sunday with my baby boy Benji and Mr Weekend Food Escapes. It's been about a year since I've had a drink so I start off with a Watermelon Margarita ($15, member price), while Mr Weekend Food Escapes orders a Stone and Wood ($7.80 member price). Cheers! (Order at the bar).

I love a margarita, it's the combination of sweet, sour and salty in a smooth drink that rolls off my tongue. The watermelon flavour adds more sweetness and no sour in this instance. Matt enjoys the refreshing Stone and Wood beer.




I walk up to the counter to order food at the Acres Kitchen. I am craving the prawn linguine ($25 member price). There's fresh linguini with cherry tomatoes, chilli and garlic, a dash of gremolata (chopped parsley, lemon, garlic) and on the menu it says there's pangrattato (bread crumbs in Italian). They might be there but I didn't notice. There's also shaved parmesan and rocket leaves. The King Prawns are nice and juicy and I enjoy slurping the linguine noodles down. The chilli oil has sank to the bottom and my chilli tolerance is weak at the moment so I need a sip of water towards the end. I enjoy this dish! I recommend.





Mr Weekend Food Escapes orders from the Smoker. You still order at the counter at Acres Kitchen but you pick up your order outside from the Smoker. He orders the Acres Share Platter ($66, member price). Notice it's a share platter but Mr Weekend Food Escapes ends up eating 90% of this on his own. The platter is huge and has beef brisket, lamb ribs, pulled pork, chicken, chorizo, slaw, mac and cheese, sweet corn with shaved parmesan and peri peri sauce. The menu says it's served with sliced bread, we were not served with sliced bread but I would suggest you probably don't need to eat the carbs.

Mr Weekend Food Escapes really enjoys all the meats which have been cooked really well in particular the flavour of the chicken, the brisket and the ribs. He comments that the corn is really enjoyable to eat with the peri peri sauce. He comments that to further improve the platter, a few sauces would have complemented the meats. You could probably request some BBQ sauce if you wanted. The meats have a very subtle smokey flavour. I would recommend the platter be enough for 2-3 people or 4 people who eat lightly.



We treat ourselves to some dessert including the creme brulee with a side of mango gelato ($14, member price) and the Duo Duo deep fried ice cream ($13, member price) with your choice of vanilla, pandan coconut or cookies and cream as the centre. It's served with cookie crumble, strawberries and caramelised popcorn.

The creme brulee is nice and creamy with the crack of sugar at the top. The mango gelato is refreshing and cleanses the palette. The deep fried ice cream is also enjoyable to eat with the unique flavour of pandan coconut (which I choose) with the cookie crumble and caramelised popcorn. I would choose the creme brulee over the deep fried ice cream as a personal preference. Mr Weekend Food Escapes enjoys both of them.



There's a playground for the kiddies and on this particular Sunday, there's live music, a Stone and Wood pop  up bar, a jumping castle, face painting, adults only area with games and good vibes. There's a really nice, relaxing atmosphere that's family friendly. I would suggest you look on their website to see if they continue these events on Sunday afternoon (from about 2pm onwards).


Well I've had a great afternoon, relaxing, lunch, enjoying a drink and listening to live music. It's time to get baby Benji home but I am happy I was able to relax at a venue with my bubs! I couldn't see a parents room or change table in the ladies bathroom so it was time I head home.

Summary: I enjoyed the food at Acres Kitchen and Smoker. There's also a truck outside for pizzas if that's you prefer. I liked my prawn linguine and Mr Weekend Food Escapes enjoyed the Acres shared platter. There was a nice, relaxing vibe at the club on the particular Sunday that I went!

Make a reservation for a table inside as it gets busy!

I saw a few people ordering the seafood basket which seemed popular. 

Price: Mains vary from $20-40


Location: 1 Moondo st, Greenacre (You park out the back). 


Opening Hours: 
Monday to Sunday 10am to 12am




Weekend Food Escapes was a guest of the venue.
. All photos, opinions and words are my own.



5 comments: