Friday 26 November 2021

Mathilda Cafe, Chatswood


Mathilda Cafe is based in Chatswood at the Mix Shopping Centre which is close to Chatswood Chase. It's a modern cafe serving up an all day breakfast. I've seen so amazing photos of the food on instagram, I was eager to check it out


Mathilda Cafe is a  great spot for breakfast or lunch or a quick coffee before shopping as there are grocery shops nearby and Chatswood Chase is also near. There's tables outside and a few tables inside. As it's a bit chilly on the day I go, I opt for a table inside. Mathilda has a simple one pager menu and I soon find out that all the dishes are delicious so no need for an extensive menu.




But first.. a drink... I see many coffee drinkers sipping outside at Mathilda Cafe. I opt for a delicious chai latte which is served up with chai tea leaves and you simply pour the milk over the strainer to make a delicious chai latte. It's a legit chai latte, silky smooth with spices that dance on the tongue. Mr Weekend Food Escapes goes for a chocolate milkshake for a sweet start.


So by recommendation by a friend of ours, we order accordingly, starting off with the pulled pork toastie ($14) which has chipotle pulled pork, cheese apple slaw on sourdough. First of all, can I just say the sourdough bread is so lovely. It really upgrades the toastie to a posh toastie. The mesh of pulled pork, cheese and slaw is a flavour combination that my tastebuds enjoy. This is a tasty toastie and I recommend.






For those that have a sweet tooth, you may be enticed by the Mathilda Cafe by the Matcha French Toast. The Matcha French toast has soft thick sweet bread that is the base of the matcha ice cream and is surrounded by fruit. Plus you are given a sauce jar full of matcha sauce. How delicious! 


For savoury lovers who love it rich, creamy and hearty - I recommend the Mathilda Carbonara ($25) which has prawns, bacon, onion, spinach, mushroom, yuzu  shichimi (Japanese 7 spice mix) and parmesan. It's been some time since I've had a carbonara and I've realised now how much I miss the creamy, rich flavours that coat pasta. I slurp away and enjoy the 7 spiced prawns which give the carbonara a nice kick. The sauce is thick and rich so I suggest a contrasting drink if you don't like it too rich. I really enjoy this dish and I have to say.. it's my favourite.




I also see there is a truffle lobster benedict on the menu ($32). Hello lobster, hello truffle. Two of my most favourite flavours. There is the lovely sourdough bread, bacon, spinach, 2 poached eggs and a lobster tail. You are also given the most delicious truffle benedict sauce to accompany this dish. This definitely will up your breakfast game.


Summary: Overall, I really enjoy Mathilda Cafe and I think it's my favourite cafe in Chatswood. My favourite dish was the carbonara however I thought all the dishes were great including the pulled pork toastie, matcha french toast (for those who have a sweet tooth) and the  truffle lobster benedict. I highly recommend and I hope you enjoy

Price: mains are about $12-19, Signature dishes are $25-32

Location: R02B 260, Victoria Ave, Chatswood, NSW, 2067

Opening Hours: 
Open Everyday 7:30am to 4pm

Weekend Food Escapes was a guest of the venue. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great information. Very informative article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is extremely radiant. I extremely like this post. It is outstanding amongst other posts that I’ve read in quite a while. Much obliged for this better than average post. I truly value it! veg gravies for rice

    ReplyDelete