Wednesday 22 December 2021

Mountain Kids Cafe, Chatswood


Mountain Kids Cafe is located on level 4 in Chatswood Westfield and makes for a good casual pitt stop while shopping. While the names of the venue implies it's a kids cafe, the dishes on the menu are definitely for the adults!



Mountain Kids Cafe is nearby the food court but makes for an alternative stop for breakfast or lunch as it has its own seating area so there's less of a rush versus the food court. You may be tempted by the cakes (pictured below) as well.



I look through the menu and noticed something exciting for the kiddies or in my case - myself (as my baby is too young for this). I feel like a little kid as I order the Mountain Cloudy. Pictured above is the Mountain Cloudy Honolulu ($9) which is a fluffy white cloud made of cotton candy that sits above an melts a little rainbow drops of sugar into your drink - the honolulu is fresh mango smoothie with cream top.

I can't help but put mouth direct onto the cotton candy for a bite of sugar. Then I whisk up some cream from the mango drink and enjoy. It's quite an experience. Order it if you don't mind a big sugar hit! Alternatively you could try an Oreo Shake ($7) which was chill and tasty. The whipped cream on top is always delightful and enjoyable.



I order the "Big Breakfast" ($21) which has eggs on toast (your way cooked), bacon, chorizo, hash brown, roasted tomato and sauteed mushroom. Mr Weekend Food Escapes chooses poached eggs on sourdough which I endorse. I take a sneaky bite out of the hash brown because it's my favourite. The eggs are well poached and the breakfast is to expectation.




New on the menu is the seafood platter for two in Cajun sauce ($48). So if you are feeling a bit decadent and wanting a seafood fix while shopping, why not order this dish? This dish has lobster tail, tiger prawns, octopus, mussels, chorizo, potato, corn, parsley and lemon in a cajun sauce. The Cajun sauce is delicious, with subtle hints of chilli but a real complex mix of flavours. Naturally the potato soaks up the cajun sauce which is nice.  The seafood is on the well done side of cooked but is still pleasant to eat. 








Summary: Overall, I think Mountain Kids Cafe is a nice casual spot in the Chatswood Westfield, stop by if you need a break during the day while shopping. I enjoyed the cajun sauce !

Price: mains are about $15-23, some bigger dishes are $30-48

Location: level 4, 1 Anderson st, Chatswood, NSW, 2067

Opening Hours: 
Open Everyday 9am to 4:30pm (5pm on weekends)


Weekend Food Escapes was a guest of the venue. All photos, opinions and words are my own.





 

1 comment:

  1. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    3H. .

    ReplyDelete