Monday 30 January 2023

Mamak, A price comparison between 2015 and 2023.


Hello 2023.  One of my creature comforts in this world is Mamak. Why? Because the menu never changes and the food is quite consistent. It's actually been about 2 years since I last went to Mamak. So is it still consistent and  delightful?
 I look at the first time I blogged after my experience at Mamak in 2015 and see that the menu is identical to what it is in my most recent visit. The only change is inflation and the prices are higher (but this is the way with all restaurants at the moment).

I always order a hot milo when I go to Mamak. It gives me comfort and seems to mellow out the bold flavours in all the food.

On this occasion, I order the Mee Goreng ($18). This was $13 in 2015. I love me some Mee Goreng because of the tangy, spicy flavoured noodles which perfectly complement the fishcake, egg and the one prawn. There's also a side of cucumber, tomato to cool the palette.





The Roti Planta is a buttery and flakey roti served up with sambal and two curry sauces. In 2015 it was $7 and in 2023 it is $11. I love Roti is so delicious and I have to say this one if my favourite. My favourite is always the sambal sauce.




Also, as pictured at the top, I got the dozen of half satay chicken and beef skewers for $30. I love the satay sauce that comes with this because it's bold in flavours of peanut and garlic. Yum. In 2015 this cost $18. The beef meat itself may have been slightly over cooked but it was still adequate overall.

Summary: Overall, I enjoyed my meal at Mamak. Inflation has certainly hit my wallet but I gather that the owners of Mamak had to also increase their prices because of the fines they got for underpaying their staff in 2016. I still love their food and I hope their staff are being paid legally.

Price: Pay approx $30-40 per person (Entree and Main + one drink)

Location: Shop 9, 1-5 Railway Street, Chatswood

Opening Hours: 
Monday to Friday 11:30am to 2:30pm lunch, 5:30pm to 8:30pm 
Saturday 11:30am to 3pm, 5:30pm to 9:30pm
Sunday 11:30am to 3pm, 5:30pm to 9:00pm



 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I saw your food blog and I really appreciate your thoughts because I am also a food and cooking lover. I guess your food is good, I'll definitely make sure to try your recipe but at this time I am worried about my office pressure. I need a https://thedissertationhelp.co.uk/dissertation-proposals/ in the UK. Someone please guide me who is the best academic writer in the UK.

    ReplyDelete