Saturday 1 April 2023

La Petite Cafe, Birkenhead Point

 

It's a rainy day and I decide to have a cafe lunch, followed by a stroll at Birkenhead shops. On this particular day, I decide to visit La Petite Cafe. La Petite Cafe has an entrance via the food court. 

On a usual sunny day, there are seats outside that showcase a nice waterview filled with boats. As today is rainy, the outside area is closed and so I enjoy the grey view behind glass doors.


La Petite Cafe is buzzing full of customers at 12pm and I can see a mix of breakfast and lunch dishes served with coffee. The staff seem very friendly and attentive. 

I look at the menu and decide to order the Steak Sandwich ($23) which has a thin minute steak, tomato, green trimmings and onion relish with mayonnaise sauce. This dish is served up with hot chips. The hot chips are moreish and perfectly seasoned with chicken salt. The steak sandwich is not bad, the meat is a little dry and under seasoned.


Not pictured but I also ordered a La Petite Cafe Nutella Thickshake. I could taste the ice cream but am not sure if Nutella was used in the thickshake. It was an adequate thick shake.

I also ordered a chicken risotto ($26). The Rissotto has a creamy alfredo sauce with mushroom, spinach and parmesan. The creamy flavour is very tasty and the risotto is cooked well. 



Summary: Overall, I had a nice lunch at La Petite Cafe. It serves it's purpose of a waterside cafe with atmosphere. 

I'm not sure if I would order the steak sandwich again given the overall taste and price point. The risotto was quite nice. La Petite is a nice cafe.

Price: Mains vary from $22 to $39ish. Prices are reflective of a cafe with a nice view

Location: Entrance via food court, Birkenhead Shopping Centre

Opening Hours: 
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm
Saturday and Sunday 7:30am to 6pm






4 comments:

  1. La Petite Cafe is renowned for its exquisite Italian cuisine and offers culinary classes, including a MasterChef program. If you're interested, discover the affordable take my online class for me cost and become a part of our culinary community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ambiance and flavors make it a hidden gem for those looking for a cozy place to eat. A must-visit for foodies. Today, I am busy with the academic work of my English literature dissertation titles. If anyone knows my subject well, please guide me professionally. When I finish my work, I enjoy the beautiful weather with my favorite food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given the overall flavour and price point, I'm not sure I'd get the steak professional web development services karachi sandwich again. The risotto was delicious. La Petite is a charming café.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, your La Petite Cafe experience sounds delightful! That Steak Sandwich and risotto combo has my taste buds curious. Also, get the vibe of a rainy day at a waterside cafe – cosy perfection. Quick thought: ever wish they had a plate warmer? Imagine the Steak Sandwich arriving on a warm plate – could that little touch elevate the overall experience? I'm just pondering, but overall, your detailed review makes me want to check out La Petite Cafe, rain or shine!

    ReplyDelete