Wednesday 13 December 2017

Auvers Cafe, Rhodes


I'm local to Auvers Cafe in Rhodes and decided to venture out there after seeing a fellow blogger reviewing this venue. It's a cafe that is away from the main strip of shops. It's hidden among all the apartment blocks.
Matt and I park nearby and we sit down at a table. We look at the menu and Matt goes up to order at the counter. It's a nice cafe with interesting light fittings and a series of framed photos by the wall.



Matt orders an iced chocolate ($6) which comes in an odd shaped glass but makes for an interesting drink. The iced chocolate is more milky than chocolate for Matt's liking but he still sips on his drink. I order the taro latte ($3.80), a brightly coloured purple drink that taste like the vegetable taro! It's a sweet and smooth drink.  This drink has now ignited my love for taro lattes. I highly recommend trying the drink. I'm addicted now.




As it's brunch time, Matt orders the Breakkie Roll ($10) has a fried egg, bacon, tomato chutney, greens on a brioche bun. Bacon and eggs is a classic combination and Matt often orders this at most cafes that we go to. The bacon is crispy and the egg is well cooked. Tomato chutney is a nice change although I do like my BBQ sauce.




The signature is the Auver's Pancakes which are matcha pancakes, matcha glaze, redbean paste, sponge and raspberry sorbet ($18). It's a spectacle as it comes out looking bright green. The pancakes are incredibly sweet with the matcha glaze and redbean paste pasting the pancakes together. The yellow sponge and the raspberry sorbet cuts through the richness of the pancake. Although overall it's too sweet for me. This is a dish that is better for people who have a big sweet tooth.

Summary: If you're a local, check out this little cafe for your cafe favourites and asian modern fusion favourites. I really enjoyed the taro latte and would come back to try some of the other dishes on the menu.

Price: $20ish per person


Location: 2/42 Walker St, Rhodes


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Wednesday 7am to 4pm
Thursday, Friday 7am to 8pm
Saturday 8am to 8pm
Sunday 8am to 4pm



Auvers Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This place seemed great. I wish I could visit this place too. Thanks a lot for sharing this Place. It is nice to know Thanks. Best Indian Restaurant in Brunswick East

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auvers is one of my favourite locals!! The matcha pancake is one of the better pancake dishes in Sydney! If you ever go back, you have to try the beef cheek! So good..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The caffe looks so bewildering and the earth of the bistro is splendid and the enjoying coffee that shop is charming and the coffee of that shop does not contain any destructive effects and it is valuable for prosperity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Botany
    Spring cleaning North Manly
    Spring cleaning Surry hills

    ReplyDelete