Thursday 19 July 2018

Star Capital Seafood, Chatswood


I recently caught up with my friend for a midweek brunch at Star Capital Seafood in Chatswood. Star Capital Seafood is on the main strip in Chatswood and as I arrived at 11:40pm, I was able to quickly get a table. By the time we left though, there was a small queue forming for yum cha. 



Star Capital Seafood has a warm and inviting decore. We are quickly served up with tea and chilli. At first, there's not many trolleys at about 11:45am but we manage to order a few dumplings to start with. We start off with the Scallop dumplings. The scallop dumplings come in a portion of three and has a mixture of prawn and scallop dumplings. The dumplings are hot and the dumpling skin is a little dense but still enjoyable to eat.




We also get a prawn and snow pea dumpling which comes in a portion of three. My friend stole one before I was able to take a snap. The dumplings are nice but would be quickly improved with seasoning in the filling. 

Some time passes and we see the same cart of chicken feet and beef balls. We pass on this cart. We end up getting some egg tarts. I don't mind mixing sweet with savoury.

My friend saves her tart for the end. The tarts are warm, flakey and sweet. They are great and very enjoyable to eat even though they look slightly burnt on the outside.





Finally, the dumpling cart makes it's way around to our table. We order two more dishes of garlic chive and prawn dumplings and the traditional har gow. I'm grateful that the har gow is in a portion of 4 as it makes it less awkward to share with my friend. The dumplings are fine with the skin slightly dense like the scallop dumpling.

Summary: Overall, I had a nice yum cha experience and enjoyed Star Capital Seafood Restaurant. I would like to see a bit more variety in their trolleys but they had my usual basics like har gow which hit the spot for me.

Price: $45 for two


Location: 399 Victoria Ave, Chatswood


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday 11am to 3pm, 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Weekends 10:30am to 3pm, 5:30pm to 10:30pm



Star Capital Seafood Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment