Sunday 29 July 2018

Bare Grill, Surry Hills


Bring your friends and family and get ready to taste one of the most amazing platters in Sydney. Bare Grill in Surry Hills is amazing and now they've pushed their limits even further.


I've been to Bare Grill previously and have always enjoyed their burgers and in particular their ribs. OMG so saucey and delicious. 

On this particular Saturday, I head here with my blogging pals Snapshots of Food. As it's a sunny Saturday, we decide to cheers to some drinks. There's a series of cocktails, wine and beer from the menu to tantalise your palette. I order a Margarita ($17) to delight my senses. The margarita is so tasty, a bit of salty, sweet and citrus. The drinks look so beautiful, you won't be able to resist their cocktails.

To kick off the meal, we are lucky to experience something off their secret menu (not published on their menu) which are the fried chicken wings. These crispy tempura wings were delightful to eat with the chipotle sauce. nom nom nom. The skin is crispy and the chicken is well cooked - moist and flavoursome.


Firstly, there's so many great items on the menu but if you are hankering for a feast then why not try one of their gorgeous platters? Introducing... drum beat please... the Bare Grill Burger Hibernator ($25 per person). The platter is for four people typically and you get
  • Four burgers with your choice from 
  • the original burger, 
  • the bare, 
  • the herbivore, 
  • the bitch, 
  • son of a cockfighter and 
  • the King Bare

It's also served with 
  • Epic Loaded Waffle Fries
  • Cheese burger spring rolls
  • Mac and cheese balls
  • Jalapeno Peppers
  • Onion rings
  • Fries
  • 5 sauces
WOW.







WOW. To be honest, I am in complete awe as this giant platter comes out. It's a food marvel and I instantly feel overwhelmed and eager at the same time in digging in. 

So let's break this down by layer, at the very top are the Epic loaded waffle fries. I've had these before and I really enjoy the waffle fries which still manage to be crunchy while it's topped with lashings of sauces of home made BBQ sauce, chipotle mayo, liquid cheese, pulled pork, bacon bits shallots. I love them and it's nice to share this dish with friends.



WOW. The middle layer has the onion rings, cheese burger spring rolls, the chicken wings, Mac and cheese balls, Jalapeno Peppers and onion rings. This middle layer gets a lot of action as I know people are curious about those cheese burger spring rolls.  Very quickly I get the verdict and everyone is loving those cheese burger spring rolls.  I quickly devour a few Onion rings as they looked too good to resist and quickly the others also descent on the mac and cheese balls, jalapeno peppers and the wings. 


The bottom layer is where all the burger action is. The burgers are cut in half so they are easier to share and I also devour lots of fries and sauces in secret while people are focused on the top layers. Nom nom nom. WOW.



WOW. So that's a great option to share with friends or alternatively you could always order the  Smoked Meat Hibernator. This is the ultimate dream platter if you love meat.



WOW. The Smoked Meat Hibernator has
  • A Tomahawk Steak
  • Fries
  • Greek Salad
  • Epic mac and cheese
  • Smoked Beef Ribs
  • Smoked Pork Ribs
  • Smoked Lamb Ribs
  • BBQ Chicken
  • Smoked Brisket
  • Pulled Pork Filled Potato Skins
WOW.  

So let's break this down. The very top layer is made of the EPIC mac and cheese. The Epic Mac and Cheese has mac and cheese which is topped with pulled pork, liquid cheese, chipotle mayo, bacon bits and shallots and homemade sauce. You'll need some mac and cheese as a mini break to the epic meat feast ahead.



WOW. The middle layer has the Tomahawk steak on a bed of fries which is an EPIC sized steak on the bone. There's also tasty potato skins to enjoy. The steak is perfectly cooked as medium rare. 




WOW. The bottom layer has 
  • Smoked Beef Ribs
  • Smoked Pork Ribs
  • Smoked Lamb Ribs
  • BBQ Chicken
  • Smoked Brisket
  • Greek Salad
My favourite thing to eat at Bare Grill are the ribs as they are so saucey and are perfectly cooked. I get straight into the beef ribs first but manage to get some finger lickin' sauces all over my face and we continue to feast on the meats. So delicious.











WOW. And if you would like, why not order a Bare Shake. The very popular gaytime shake has a gay time ice cream, whipped cream, a pretzel, caramel popcorn in a delicious caramel shake.



Summary: I am in heaven and a food coma. I highly recommend both platters if you are hungry hungry hippos. All the food is well prepared and incredibly tasty. My favourite components are the epic fries, epic mac and cheese, those cheese burger spring rolls, the onion rings, the ribs and that steak. WOW.WOW.WOW.WOW.WOW.WOW.WOW.

Highly recommend. Loved it. 5/5


Location: 15/425 Bourke St, Surry Hills


Opening Hours: 

Monday closed
Tuesday to Thursday 5pm to 10pm
Friday 12pm to 11pm
Saturday 8am to 11pm
Sunday 8am to 11pm




Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Bare Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day everybody my name is Mrs Caroline Gilli am here to share with you my life experience on how a great man called Dr Alexzander saved me and my marriage.I have been Married & Barren for for 5 years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue.i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Alexzander asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening in my life since i met this Dr Alexzander.
    I want to tell all the women/men out there who have a similar situation like mine,that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Alexzander, here is how you can contact him alexzanderhightemple@gmail.com or contact him via his whatsapp phone number +2348075823891.
    Thank Dr Alexzander for everything you did in my marriage.
    Thanks
    Caroline Grilli

    ReplyDelete