Tuesday 17 July 2018

Yang's Dumplings, Burwood


I have been spending some time in Burwood recently and have not been able to resist all the dumplings. I head to Yang's in Burwood where there is more seating (there are two). 



I first experienced Yang's in Shanghai and really enjoyed the dumplings so I was very happy it's now opened in Sydney. The venue is quite small and there's lots of dirty plates everywhere that have yet to be cleared but I can see a staff member gradually clearing the tables. You order at the counter and seat yourself.

This place is a cheap and cheerful venue.  The girl at the counter doesn't seem to happy or friendly but I smile at her and hope that her day gets better.

Their signature are the pan fried buns which have a crunchy base, soft doughy top within is a hot soup. So it's like a cross breed between a xiao long bao and a pork bun. You will get 6 pcs for $8.80. These dumplings are quite addictive as they are nice to eat texturally and that soup inside is lovely. I'd suggest you request an additional plate as the soup goes everywhere.



I also order some mushroom dumplings which are made from a light and fluffy bao texture on the outside and is made from mushroom on the inside. The mushroom dumpling is savoury but really fun to eat as it looks like a real mushroom overall.


I also order the chilli fried wontons. The chilli wontons are fried so the skin is quite crispy. Matt prefers the pan fried buns over these chilli wontons as they are nicer to eat texturally. I agree. These dumplings are nice but you can't go past their signature.



Summary: Overall, Yang's is a cheap and cheerful venue which is great for delicious food. It's a small venue, the customer service could be improved, the dishes could be cleared sooner but you won't really care about these facets once you eat their fried pork buns. They are delicious.

Price: $10-20 per person


Location: 11/15 Deane St, Burwood


Opening Hours: 

Sunday, Monday to Wednesday 10am to 9:30pm
Thursday to Saturday 10am to 10pm


Yang's Dumpling Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. An obligation of appreciation is all together for giving such supportive information. I am especially fascinated with your article the End of lease cleaning Neutral bay and I am happy that I am connected with your site.thanks! Regards

    ReplyDelete