Monday 3 March 2014

Awafi Charcoal Chicken, Belmore

After a draining but fun day in the mud obstacle course at the Canterbury Racecourse for Miss Muddy, a female charity supporting event. My friends and I drove to Belmore for some legendary charcoal chicken with the best garlic sauce you'll ever taste. I was practically in food heaven while I was dipping into this sauce.

Forget all those 10 course degustation meals at those posh restaurants; it's moments like this when you try a complete gem in suburbia that make it worthwhile as a food blogger.

Dine in Charcoal Chicken with the trimmings $20
 The chicken is tasty and as I cut this up in my lebanese bread, with a touch of garlic, add in a gherkin, a radish and some chips - I am in surburban chicken heaven.  I've been told sometimes the chicken is a bit dry but take your chances.  The garlic sauce is worth it.

Large chips $8
 Chips are salty, nice crunch and orgasmic with the garlic sauce.

Radish and Gherkins
The side trimmings that I've never tried before in a charcoal chicken restaurant.  Eat this with the bread, chicken and garlic sauce.

Awafi on Urbanspoon

1 comment: