Saturday 4 March 2017

The Dining and co. North Ryde


I'm always on the look out for surburban gems which save me the travel time for that top quality cafe experience. The Dining and Co. is bit of a hidden gem probably only known to a few in North Ryde. Let me share the secret with you.



The Dining and co. is a cosy restaurant located in Suburban North Ryde. I arrive 11:30am on a Saturday and notice the venue is almost full and buzzing. I'm glad there is an all day breakfast available as well as a lunch menu that's available from 11:30am because a mix was exactly what I felt like.

You order at the counter and the staff deliver the food to your table.  I order my regular chai latte ($4), silky smooth and warming and MW goes for a mango smoothie which is refreshing with a nice dose of mango yoghurt ($6.5).




First off is the Shakshuka slow cooked eggs in spiced tomato and capsicum sauce and chorizo with bread ($15, top photo and above photo). This dish matched my mood this particular rainy morning, as it was very homely. That slow cooked egg with chorizo and the bread was just a winning combination.

For those who have a sweeter tooth you may want to opt for Ricotta pancakes, caramelised banana, popcorn, honey powder and smoked maple butter. Don't fret as the pancakes themselves are not especially sweet, they are quite savoury. The sweetness comes from the caramelised banana and honey. It's a bit playful with the syringe of honey.






From the lunch menu, I also order the Chicken Breast ($21, above and below photo) which is twice cooked sous vide style, it sits on a bed of corn puree, kipfler potatoes, pickled onion on top, mushroom sauce and mushrooms. This is a popular dish according to the staff. I highly recommend this dish as there's a nice mesh of textures and flavours. The chicken with that mushroom sauce and corn puree was a complementary combination.




For a lighter lunch, I recommend the calamari salad with lentils, chickpeas, salad medley and topped with a parmesan crisp ($16, below and above photo). The parmesan crisp is the perfect addition to add a touch of crisp to the calamari salad. It's a nice option if you want a lighter lunch.


Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed my experience at The Dining and co. and I highly recommend you visiting this surburban gem.

I will definitely be back as I'm a local and the quality is fantastic. I will have to try some of the other breakfast and lunch dishes. My favourite dish was the chicken breast. 

For locals who had been enjoyed the cafe Big Tree House in Rydalmere; you'll be pleased to know Owners Justin and Debbie have brought the same quality to the dining and co.

Price: $15-22 for most mains

Location: 11 Avon Rd, North Ryde


Opening Hours: 
7am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of The Dining and Co. All words, opinions and photos are my own.


The Dining and Co Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    Spring cleaning Neutral Bay
    End of lease cleaning Bungarribee
    End of lease cleaning Bundeena

    ReplyDelete