Monday 3 April 2017

Din Tai Fung, Westfield Sydney


Din Tai Fung is hard to resist when I'm in the Westfield Pitt St fancy food court. I hadn't been to DTF for a while so I go back to see if the food is still consistently good, tasty and top notch as I remember.

The Pitt St Food Court up on level 5 and 6 is buzzing at lunch times and there are so many choices. I must admit I generally end up at Din Tai Fung, although I hadn't been here for a long time. There's always a bit of a queue to order but it moves pretty quickly. You order at the counter where they give you a buzzer then you come back for the food.


I order the pork and prawn wontons in chilli sauce (portion of 4, above). They have the familiar taste of tangy, chilli and mildly sweet. These dumplings are seriously addictive and live up to the Din Tai Fung standard. Oh yeah.

The best xiao long bao in Sydney is definitely from DTF so I can't go without ordering some (4 in the portion, below). I dip them in the usual mix of soy and vinegar with a touch of chilli. The soup bursts in my mouth making everything feel warm on the inside. Oh yeah. So good.




For something a bit difference, I order the golden lava bun. It's a tiny bun with a runny custardy and eggy type filling. I was hoping it would be a bit more sweet but it was more savoury.

Overall I had another 10/10 experience at DTF. The best you can expect from a food court. The only downside is that you can easily spend up big at Din Tai Fung for lunch.

I always end up spending $15-20 at minimum which is why I only go occasionally. 

Summary: Dumpling lovers rejoice, all the Din Tai Fung's in Sydney seem really consistent. You must order the xiao long bao and the chilli wonton dumplings.

Price: $20ish per person (minimum)

Location: level 5, Pitt St Mall, Westfield (188 Pitt St)


Opening Hours: 10am to 6:30pm Mon-Wed, 10am to 9pm on Thursday, 10am to 8pm on Fri- Sat, 10am to 6pm Sunday



Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.



Din Tai Fung Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment