Thursday 13 April 2017

Liven App Review, Chur Burger


I think I've been living under a rock as I hadn't downloaded the Liven App. It's also been some time since I've been to Chur Burger so I head there with MW one night after work.

Not sure if you've ever used the Liven App but basically this was my experience
1. I downloaded the app
2. I added in credit card deets
3. Choose one of the restaurants (I went with Chur Burger in Surry Hills)
4. Order at the restaurant and let them know you are paying by the liven app
5. You get cash back !!!
6. You can donate the cash back to a charity or save up your cash back dollars for another meal in the future at one of the Liven restaurants.

It's a pretty good incentive and I got 25% cash back on my $50 purchase at Chur Burger. What a sweet deal. Go to https://www.liven.com.au/ for more info.

At Chur Burger, you order at the counter and get a number. 
I think there was a mix up with my order going through and I waited quite some time before I followed up on my order. I noticed other people who had arrived after me getting food beforehand. The Chur staff were lovely and were very apologetic and compensated with a few freebie add ins.



On this occasion I ordered the Chur Mac Daddy ($14) which comes with grilled beef, mac and cheese pattie, hot smoky bbq sauce, jalapeno mayo and fresh jalapeno. I really enjoyed the mac and cheese pattie with the beef pattie however the jalapeno was too hot for me. I felt a bit stingy burnt on my tongue so I ate around that part! Definitely one for those with a strong chilli tolerance. *or maybe I am weak? It's hard to resist a good mac and cheese pattie.




I also order some chips $6 with chilli salt (your choice of chicken salt or chilli salt). They are thick cut and are a must order with any burg. I am a hot chips addict. Or if you prefer you could always order some potato gems 



MW goes for a burger special ($14) which has beef pattie, cheese, mustard and tomato sauce with fried pickles. He basically devours this very quickly in satisfaction. The fried pickles are a nice touch and point of difference in texture in this burg. I def recommend.



Summary: Check out the Liven App to get cash back on your meals - whether it's a donation to a charity or save up your bucks for a future meal.

I don't think I've had a bad burger since coming to Chur Burger for several years. The burger scene is incredibly competitive these days and I think Chur still delivers a solid burger. They still got the goods :)

Price: $12-14 for most burgers

Location: 48 Albion St, Surry Hills (Near Central Station)


Opening Hours: 

Closed Sunday
Monday 11:30am to 9pm
Tuesday to Saturday 11:30am to 10pm



Weekend Food Escapes was invited to review the Liven App and was given credit to review Chur Burger. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Chur Burger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    carpet steam cleaning Redfern
    End of lease cleaning Glebe
    End of lease cleaning Botany

    ReplyDelete