Tuesday 5 June 2018

Bavarian, Miranda


Sundays are made for nice lunches in the sunshine. Bavarian, Miranda has a roof top location with a city view, sunshine and a meal. Matt and I head to Bavarian in Miranda for some good vibes. I know Matt is excited as he loves the beer.



The open and outdoor space makes for a nice escape to everyday life and the winter blues. I'm enjoying the views of the rooftops of nearby buildings and the skyline. There's a mix of families, couples and groups of friends enjoying the venue with beer and food. I start with a Ladies Beer ($8.50) which is a wheat bier with your choice of flavouring of cherry, peach, banana, lychee, kiwi or passionfruit. On this occasion, I have a peach beer. It's really refreshing and I like how the bubbles bounce off the back of my tongue. Delicious and a good size for me.  Matt orders a Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier which is a pale wheat bier. I can tell Matt is in heaven. He loves the beer at the Bavarian.



Matt and I begin the meal with a few entrees. We start with the Giant Pretzel ($10)  which is served up with butter, pickled cucumber and sweet mustard. A warm salty pretzel is always a nice way to begin the meal with the beer. The surprising element, particularly for Matt is that sweet mustard and how well it goes with the salty pretzel. I personally prefer pure butter on my salty pretzel. 



Next up is the Mac and Cheese Balls ($10) with blue cheese sauce and is topped with smoked bacon. The mac and cheese ball is crispy on the outside and mushy and cheesey on the inside. I'm sure this would be very popular with the kids.



For mains, Matt orders the Hot Link ($25) which is a pork, beef garlic, cayenne pepper and chilli flake sausage. Matt chooses the option of hot dog bun, fries and sauerkraut. The sausages are glistening and I see Matt's pupils dilate a little. The sausages have a nice amount of spiciness and Matt pours tomato sauce and the mustard all over the sausage. I steal a few chips and snack away. A must order if you love a sausage.


I also order the Loaded Schnitzel ($29 + $2 potato salad) and I choose the Hawaiian with rich tomato sauce, mozarella cheese, grilled pineapple and ham. The Schnitty is massive! It's bigger than the size of my face. The Hawaiian Schnitty is crispy on the outside and is nice and sweet from the pineapple and deliciously cheesey. I love a good cheesey schnitty. The potato salad is nice and buttery and soft. Delicious.
 


If you are looking for a healthy option, you can also make your own salad. My tailored salad ($17)  was so delicious, I had grilled steak, avocado, strawberries, parmesan, candied walnuts, crunchy tortilla strips, cherry tomatoes and beetroot. The salad is served up with a pretzel bread roll. The grilled steak with the strawberries in particular were a great combination. I love it! I highly recommend.


Summary: For good vibes with friends or family, why not check out to the Bavarian in Miranda. It's a gorgeous rooftop space, perfect for some beers and a good meal. Matt and I enjoyed our meals in particular the Hot Link Sausage, the Hawaiin Schnitty and the tailored salad.

There's always something going on so make sure you check in for fun events at Miranda Bavarian. Enjoy the good vibes my friends!

Price: Mains approx $25-30


Location: Roof top of Miranda Westfield, 4002/600 Kingsway, Miranda


Opening Hours: 11am to 12am Monday to Saturday. Sunday closes at 10pm



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Bavarian Bier Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning Allawah
    End of lease cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete