Wednesday 15 January 2020

Zushi, Barangaroo


This is a delayed blog post. 

I've tried many of the venues at Barangaroo and am going to Zushi for the first time. There's also a Zushi in Surry Hills which I've had friends recommend to me previously. I'm going to Zushi with a group of work colleagues on a Friday.

It's a warm day and Barangaroo is buzzing full of mostly corporate people lunching this particular Friday. We order a number of dishes to share. The atmosphere is relaxed by the water and there's sunshine. 

I start off by tasting the honey prawns which have been caramelised in rice flour with sesame ($20). There's 5 prawns, the portion is a bit dear for the price. Aside from that thought, I thought the prawns were delicious. There's a light crumb which adds a crunchy texture to the prawns and the sweetness from the sauce is simply delicious. 





Then there's the sushi + sashimi which has sashimi 10pcs and nigiri 8pcs ($55). The sashimi slices are delicious and quickly melt into my mouth. I also enjoy the nigiri on the platter. The group enjoyed the sushi and sashimi platter - it's a good one to share. We also order the sashimi tacos ($24) which is served up in a deconstructed fashion with the salmon, tuna, avo in a round mound and there are wonton crackers which are salty, crunchy and make for good scooping utensils. The sashimi tacos are a hit.




We also order 5 of the pork bao bun which has pulled pork, kale, capsicum, cucumber, ($8 each). These are delicious! The bao is soft, fluffy and encases the flavoursome pulled pork. The other garnishes add for textural contrast and bring the dish together. I recommend this dish!


Summary: Overall, I enjoyed the variety of dishes at Zushi. The atmosphere is relaxed and in a great location. The customer service was a little bit slow but it was a busy Friday when I went. My favourite dish was the sashimi tacos.

Price: $30-40 per person


Location: 10/33 Barangaroo Ave, Barangaroo


Opening Hours: 
Monday 11:30am to 3pm; 5:30pm to 9pm
Tuesday to Friday 11:30am to 3pm; 5:30pm to 10pm
Saturday 11:30am to 10pm
Sunday 11:30am to 9pm



Zushi Barangaroo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    End of lease cleaning Mascot
    End of lease cleaning Surry hills
    End of lease cleaning Pyrmont

    ReplyDelete