Friday 27 December 2019

Top Venues for 2019

Hello 2019! What a delicious year it has been as I reflect on all my food experiences this year. Here are some of the venues that have evoked the most food feelings from myself and where time permits - I will have to revisit. I recommend all venues on my list below.

8. Casual Eats 
One of the biggest surprises was this vegetarian burger from Niko's Kitchen in Dulwich Hill where they also have delicious gyros, halloumi fries and burgers. I also really enjoyed the crispy chicken from VN City in Strathfield that also has delicious pho. Also, local gem in Ultimo, Local Mbassy delivered a brunch that is unforgettable. 

Niko's Kitchen
7. Indian Eats
My mouth waters when I think about the delicious fine dining at Urban Tadka which is located in Terrey Hills. I also really loved the food at Manjit's at the Wharf at King St Wharf which never disappoints.


Urban Tadka

6. Italian Eats

I also had the pleasure of eating some really delicious, hearty Italian meals in 2019. It was the gnocchi and dessert at Granata's in Pemulwuy that won my heart over. The modern Italian innovations at Cucina Espresso in Concord were absolute perfection. I also really enjoyed the upmarket Modern Italian in Roseville at Mangiasti? and the wood fired pizzas at Wood and Smoke in Darlinghurst along with their delicious cocktails were hard to resist.

Cucina Espresso
5. Regional Highlights - South Coast
I also had the pleasure of dining at some of the best venues in NSW down the South Coast in the Shoalhaven region. Jim Wild's oysters was the venue that converted me to be a oyster fan in Greenwell Point. Pelican Rocks Cafe, also in Greenwell Point has won best fish and chips in Australia and I really enjoyed their down to earth food and then there was Silo's Estate which has amazing wine and food. All of this was while I was checking out the South Coast Food and Wines festival.

View at Jim Wilds' Oysters
4. Modern Fusions
I also really enjoyed the upmarket Japanese Eatery Toshiya in Cremorne with their delicious Japanese modern fusion dishes mixed in with traditional Japanese flavours.  I also thoroughly enjoyed Soi 25 in Darlinghurst which serves up delicious Khao Soi and Modern Thai. I also enjoyed the intimate setting at 1892 Espresso and Wine Bar  and European food in Rozelle.

Toshiya Restaurant

Soi 25
3. Macleay St Bistro
Now you will recognise Macleay st bistro in Potts Point which has previously made my top venues before but it's hard to resist those rich french flavours and I always fall in love with their onion souffle. 

2. Plage Restaurant
There's also Plage Restaurant which is one of my all time favourite restaurants - so much that I held a private function with 30 of my closest friends there who agreed - it was AMAZING Modern French-Japanese food. Plage Restaurant is located in Cremorne. Plage Restaurant has consistently been in my top venues.


Plage Restaurant

1. Top Gong - Restaurant No.5
The venue that I kept on thinking about this year was Restaurant No.5 located in Alexandria. It was the very thought-out Asian Fusion Flavours with Modern Australian twists that sparked so much joy with my food feelings. This takes my top gong for 2019 - a delicious year.


Restaurant No.5

No comments:

Post a Comment