Friday 3 April 2020

Captain's Log, A month in

R U OK?

This is my 4th week of working from home. Cases of corona virus seem to have stabilised in NSW but all sources indicate another 6 months of living and working in this new way.  The fear and anxiety that I had about covid-19 has dissipated somewhat as I settle into a new way of life. I think it also stems from a level of acceptance. 

I grew up in a socioeconomically disadvantaged area and can only imagine what people are worried about at the moment when it comes to earning an income, looking after their families, schooling and the future. Where inequality exists, it can be quite demotivating thinking about the future in normal circumstances. I remember back in the days when I was at university when there would be graduate programs where you would have to compete with up to 6000 other applicants. I'm sure that statistic has increased since I've left university and even more so with covid-19. I hope people stay motivated and continue to do their best.

I am missing the regular human interaction that I would get from work and social activities from food blogging, family and friend catch ups. It will be interesting to see relationships are impacted throughout this period. I am trying virtual methods of catching up with my close friends. For all the other relationships, I suspect it will be harder when I don't have incidental interactions.

How are you going? What is on your mind?

3 comments:

  1. Tired but reading things that keep my spirit up.
    https://granolashotgun.com/2020/04/03/%e7%81%be%e5%ae%b3/
    https://twitter.com/mrmoneymustache/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning Bungarribee
    End of lease cleaning Burraneer
    End of lease cleaning Caddens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.
    coupon sites australia

    ReplyDelete