Sunday 17 May 2020

Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodles, Chatswood


I enter Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodles by walking up the stairs with a sharp right. I walk past the lady that is thumping the dough to make the hand made noodles. We are seated immediately. I decide to arrive early at 11am at Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodles in Chatswood. It was good timing as there was just one other table at the venue. I've been here several times as it's one of my local eateries. Check out my last visit to Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodles.




The NSW restrictions have been partially lifted to allow venues seat up to 10 patrons. While I was excited at the prospect of dining in a venue, I was still cautious at the thought of being in a really busy and high volume area. 

The decore is casual with plastic table cloth, outdated chairs but the people don't come here for the decore. They come for the delicious Northern Chinese cuisine. I do notice that they have different table cloths since I visited. I sip on the complimentary jasmine green tea which is refreshing. 

I start the meal by order the Chinese Broccoli with Oyster sauce ($15.80). I've ordered this dish because I haven't had many greens recently and I felt guilty. The greens are cooked with a slight crunch on the stalks and the oyster sauce adds a slight sweetness to the healthy green dish. I know many Asian families will think this dish is charged quite high for the cost price of greens but I'm ok with this. This is the price of convenience and supporting local business.



Next up on the  Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodles menu, I decide to order the Flavour Noodles ($15.80). I normally order the stir fried hand made noodles but for something different, I decide to order the flavour noodles. The hand made noodles are covered in a thick pork mince gravy with refreshing fresh cucumber to the side. 

I love the chewy uneven texture of the hand made noodles. The noodles are long and they soak up some of the gravy. The pork mince gravy is reasonably thick. I add some chilli oil, a dash of vinegar and soy to the noodles for extra depth. I like these noodles, I prefer the normal stir fried noodles but these flavour noodles make for a nice change.




I order one final dish to share with Mr Weekend Food Escapes. It's been months since I've had fried pork dumplings ($15.80) so I was looking forward to them today. The dumplings have a crunchy fried base and a soft steamed dough. The pork filling is enjoyable to eat and further heightened by the soy, black vinegar and chilli oil that I mix up with the dumplings. Mr Weekend Food Escapes gobbles up the majority of the dumplings and we are both satisfied.



Summary: Overall, I enjoyed the revisit to Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodles. I did see a number of people pick up take away while I was there as well but I must admit, I quite enjoyed sitting down and eating a meal out. I am glad some restrictions have been lifted. I recommend all the dishes I ordered today, the Chinese Broccoli, the Flavour Noodles and fried pork dumplings. The menu is quite extensive and I recommend the lamb dishes as this is their speciality.

Price: Approx $30-45 for two people


Location: Upstairs 84a Archer St, Chatswood


Opening Hours: 

Closed Monday
11am to 4pm, 5pm to 10pm otherwise


Xin Jiang Hand Made Noodle Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.
    voucher codes australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    End of lease cleaning Bonnyrigg
    End of lease cleaning Bundeena
    End of lease cleaning Bungarribee

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing! https://www.BAMCLICK1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Opera. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know. The design look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Cheers
    car service voucher

    ReplyDelete