Saturday 22 August 2020

Cooh, Alexandria - Revisit


It's been a few years since I've been to Cooh in Alexandria. I recently visit Cooh again, having fond memories of my last visit in 2016. If you haven't been before, Cooh is best described as having a clean eating mantra and is an upmarket cafe so the price point is higher than your average suburban cafe. Cooh has a huge space being located in a warehouse. It's a lovely venue.


I'm able to get a table straight away as I enter just before noon which is brunching hour. Cooh is almost full on this weekend as I visit.

Cooh for the most part has a lot of "clean eating" options on their menu. However I notice some naughty burger options if that was your preference on their lunch menu. As the venue is almost full, I notice the service is slow so some patience is required.

But first.. I need a drink. For drinks, Mr Weekend Food Escapes orders the Chai Power Smoothie ($9), which has coconut milk, mango, banana and chia seeds. I decide to order the Cleanse Juice ($9) which has pear, pineapple, lemon, ginger and mint. My drink is refreshing and pleasant. 

On the menu, I order the Zucchini Buckwheat Fritters ($22) which has fritters served with tomato relish, avocado, corn salsa, with your choice of smoked salmon, free range bacon or halloumi. I choose halloumi.

The dish arrives with two fritters and three halloumi pieces with a big dollop of avocado. The fritters are enjoyable to eat and is full of flavour with the tomato relish. I enjoy the saltiness of the halloumi with the contrast of the avocado guac. It's a well put together dish.



Mr Weekend Food Escapes orders the Grilled Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad ($28) which has grilled salmon with soba noodles, ginger, avocado, ponzu dressing, coriander and mint. The grilled salmon piece is well cooked with crispy skin. The side soba noodle salad is well dressed with the ponzu dressing and has quite a refreshing effect when combined with the salad leaves. I like the Asian inspired facets of this dish that have been combined with modern Australian cuisine.


Summary: Overall, I enjoy my brunch at Cooh. It's a lighter lunch menu which is reflective of its clean eating ethos.  Both dishes that I had today, I would recommend. The flavours are delicious and the produce is fresh.

Cooh is an upmarket venue so if you are comfortable with the higher price point then you should have an enjoyable experience. Parking can be challenging as well... patience on parking and service is recommended.

Price: Lunch mains vary from $20 to $28

Location: 90-96 Bourke St, Alexandria

Opening Hours: 
Open Daily Monday 7am to 3:30pm
Tuesday to Thursday 7am to 10pm
Friday 7am to 11pm
Saturday 9am to 11pm
Sunday 9am to 3:30pm

Cooh Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Mortgage Audits Online has been helping our affiliates build strong cases for over 4 years with our securitization and forensic audits. We are exclusively a business-to-business provider.

    forensic mortgage audit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your brilliant Efforts on spending time to post this information in a simple and systematic manner, so that students can easily understand the concept.bed-frames

    ReplyDelete