Wednesday 19 May 2021

Sushi Taro, Artarmon


Hi Everyone! I've been off the grid enjoying my time with baby Benji which has meant many more meals at home.  So that has meant blogging has taken a backseat in my life.

However I recently was able to have a quick lunch at Sushi Taro. Sushi Taro is located in Artarmon, in the little strip of restaurants leading out of the train station. I come here early on a Saturday morning after craving Japanese food. 
Sushi Taro is has a small inside area and has a few tables outside. Overall, it is a relatively small venue so by 12:30pm, the venue is basically full. (Please note construction work from 17th May to 6th June 2021 so inside seating is only available).

The staff will give you an ipad to order from which I like as you can order efficiently and swipe through the menu options.  Mr Weekend Food Esapes eye's light up and he says, "They have Suntory here". He immediately orders a Suntory and you can tell he's been missing that refreshing taste. Hi5.


As I am trying to be healthy, I opt for one of their poke bowls. I choose Salmon Teriyaki as the protein. The Miso Soup is presented first and I sip the cloudy soup and soak in the atmosphere. The food comes out and I like what I see.

The poke bowls come with brown rice, quinoa,  salad leaves, edamame, seaweed salad and your choice of dressing (I choose sesame). As an option, you can also add on a side (which I do) I choose to add some sashimi to enjoy. The poke bowl also comes with miso soup at lunch.

This meal was exactly what I was craving, a nutritious, nourishing but delicious meal. The glazed teriyaki chicken was sweet and flavoursome. The rice soaked up those salmon flavours and the salad was delicious and made me feel better about my healthy options. The sashimi side arrives with salmon, kingfish and tuna.

Baby Benji starts to make some noise so I start pushing the pram back and forth hoping he will sleep. Luckily, he falls asleep so Mr Weekend Food Escapes and I can enjoy lunch.





Mr Weekend Food Escapes on the other hand orders the Chicken Kaarage Poke Bowl off the Sushi Taro menu and also chooses to have the sashimi as an extra side. As Mr Weekend Food Escapes sips his Suntory, I can see that he is enjoying this Japanese meal. The Chicken Kaarage is crispy and is balanced out with the brown rice and salad. Along with the Sashimi, Mr Weekend Food Escapes comments that this is a nice meal that's relatively healthy (for us). We both agree that we would return to this venue.



Summary: Overall I enjoy the meal at Sushi Taro. I suggest you book to avoid disappointment. The menu has many traditional Japanese meals but I was delighted to see the poke bowls as a modern offering. The food was delicious and I enjoyed my experience at this casual eatery. 

Price: Mains vary $14-20

Location:  Shop 10 Wilkes Avenue, Artarmon
Opening Hours: 
Sunday, Monday to Thursday 11am to 8pm
Friday and Saturday 11am to 8:30pm






 

2 comments:

  1. Never have I ever found such an impressive and helpful blog in my life. I loved reading it. It was a great read. Bond Cleaning Gold Coast is the name you can always trust for the cleaning of your rental property.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Searching for top-rated restaurants near me? Check out the list of restaurants here at Pointlocals that are nearest to your location. Visit us to know more!

    ReplyDelete