Sunday 20 March 2022

Mezza Via, Ryde



Hello Folks. It's been some time since I've last blogged as I've been a bit busy with life. It had been some time since I last visited Mezza Via in Ryde. It used to be one of my regular haunts before the pandemic started. I last posted in 2015 so I think it is definitely due a revisit blog post. 

Mezza Via is located at Midway shops in Ryde (the part which borders Eastwood, Denistone) and is hidden at the back. It's won a truck load of awards and is often busy. I always aim to go for an early dinner. With my little bub now fully on solids, we have been trying to get him to try different foods but he does get a bit impatient when we are out. On this occasion we are able to get a table on a Thursday night early on at 5pm. 

Mezza Via has a range of pastas and pizzas on the menu. I order a rare glass of merlot to enjoy with my dinner. Mr Weekend Food Escapes also likes the range of beers on offer. Baby Benji sticks to water obviously.  Mr Weekend Food Escapes makes all the choices tonight.  

He decides on the Penne Carbonara ($23) with bacon, egg, onion and grana padano in a cream sauce. It has a healthy crack of pepper on top. This dish is delicious and each penne pasta is perfectly coasted in the sauce. I highly recommend this dish.


Mezza Via also has a kids menu and we order the kids Spaghetti ($12) for Benji. I didn't take a photo so apologies for this as I was distracted in trying to feed the bub as a priority. It's a decent portion for a child and is simple, delicious so hopefully that satisfies the kiddies. 

You'll notice a random pack of yoghurt and a kids book in the photo below, this is my new norm as I try to get my bub to stay in his high chair and to eat food. He loves yoghurt and books so these are our tools for being able to sit down for any decent amount of time.  We brought these ourselves to entertain the bub.


My memories of Mezza Via pre-pandemic were definitely around fond memories of their pizza. So of course we had to order a pizza. Mr Weekend Food Escapes orders the "Completa" pizza ($24) with San Marzano Tomato, Fior di Latte, Ligurian olives, salami, ham, onion, mushroom and oregano. As soon as I take my first bite I say, I forgot how good their pizza is. Mr Weekend Food Escapes agrees, it's the perfect pizza base and crust with the emphasis on the flavours of the toppings that makes this such an enjoyable experience. Highly recommend.

My bub keeps on looking at the waitress and I tell him that he's too young to date. He starts standing up in the high chair and we now know, it's time to make a quick exit. Life of a parent :)


Summary: Overall, Mezza Via is as fabulous as I remembered. The pizzas are one of my favourites in Sydney and the Carbonara was fabulous this evening. Book or go early to ensure you get a table. I had a great dinner and I hope to come back.

Price: mains are about $23-29

Location: 4/117 North Rd, Ryde

Opening Hours: 
Closed Tuesdays
Wednesday to Sunday 5pm to 9pm
Monday 5pm to 9pm


 

2 comments: