Saturday 28 May 2022

Spicers Guest House, Hunter Valley NSW


It feels like a long time with the pandemic but I recently spent a night at the Spicers Guest House in the Hunter Valley. I had mixed feelings about being out and about during a pandemic but it was good to enjoy the beautiful scenic grounds at Spicers Guest House.


I went for a walk around the grounds. Not many people were around so I enjoyed a relaxing walk. The views are stunning and there were a few people coming up closer to the Kangaroos. I decided to stay away on this occasion as my fear of animals generally exceeds my curiousity. 


There are some common areas with comfortable couches if you are travelling in a group. There’s a relaxing infinity pool which has a relaxing view. I put my feet up and close my eyes, briefly soaking in all the quiet and natural sounds in the background. It’s important to enjoy these quiet moments, I thought to myself. 





I saw this archway which I could imagine a wedding occurring here. I pause briefly to enjoy the lines and how it frames.


I found myself looking up at the skies and the horizon more often. The air just seems fresher outside of Sydney. 


I found a small walkway which was slanting up promising of a view. A short walk later, this is the stunning view that I see. 


I believe my room was a King Deluxe Room. To access my room, I had to walk up some stairs so for anyone who might be physically challenged - be warned! Luckily I did not bring a significant amount of luggage. The room was gorgeous and modern with thin bathroom. It might be a bit too cosy if you need space. 






The room was charming, luxurious and most importantly comfortable. I had access to a small desk for my laptop, tv for entertainment, shower and bathroom with adequate counter space and most importantly a comfortable bed. I generally prefer a firm mattress but am still able to sleep well on this comfortable bed.

The in-house restaurant e remo, I also had breakfast, lunch and dinner here and I have to say all the staff were really friendly and helpful. The banquet menu was delicious and I decided not to take any photos as I was in good company in a dimly lit room. 

Summary: Overall, my stay at Spicers Guest House was incredibly relaxing. I think the grounds are incredibly beautiful and the staff were really friendly. I would definitely recommend (if you have no problems with stairs and luggage). The price point is on the higher end but would be worthwhile if you wanted to treat yourself for a luxury stay.

Price: Due to seasonal pricing, this may vary. I also stayed here on a Thursday night and checked out on Friday so it was circa $500-550 per night. This would be more in peak season and weekend dates. The food at E Remo was delicious and I highly recommend.

Location: 57 Ekerts Road, Pokolbin, Hunter Valley 





 

1 comment:

  1. GET ALL THE DATA
    https://guestspostings.co.in
    https://dailynewsupdate.online
    https://health-tips.life
    https://perfectlust.com/

    ReplyDelete