Monday 11 July 2016

Pizza Autentico, Surry Hills


Pizza Autentico has a great deal so I suggest you come here hungry, ready to eat lots of pizza and pasta. Above is the 4 cheese gnocchi which caught my eye.

As I walk into Pizza Autentico which is a short stroll off oxford st or Museum station, I think to myself. I'm really hungry. 

As I enter, it's a cosy little restaurant and I head downstairs. I get a glass of wine while I wait for my friend QHL to arrive.
There's a big shared table down stairs. It's got a good family vibe to it. QHL arrives and we are ready to rumbleeee... I mean ready to eat!

So what's the deal? It's $20 for 90 minutes of pizza and pasta. Like a churrasco, you have a little token which you can turn green when you want to be offered food and red when you've had enough. There's no menu, they just serve different dishes.


The first pizza that comes out is a 4 cheese pizza. I love cheese so I nod furiously out of hunger. Yes!! The pizza base is quite thin and this cheese pizza is great. Simple and tasty.

Next is a chilli, tomato based penne. I sprinkle some cheese on top. The chilli dances on my tongue a bit. It's a decent chilli hit.



I like eggplant and the next two dishes are eggplant pizza and a eggplant pasta dish. QHL isn't a fan of eggplant on the other hand so he holds out for other dishes. 



The pork fennel sausage pizza with rocket and truffle oil is probably the highlight pizza for me this evening. It's packed full of flavour.

I also say yes to the simple and classic margherita pizza below. I'm starting to get full but I continue eating.



I order another glass of wine and again nod furiously YES to the 4 cheese gnocchi which is creamy and cheesey. The gnocchi is quite light. OH YEAH!

I probably should have said no to some of the plainer pizzas and saved room for some of the other dishes but some people would love the plainer dishes like the mushroom pizza. It was more cheese than mushroom but still a nice plain dish.



I also quite like the ham and pea pizza on a white base sauce. It was very tasty. I'm VERY FULL by now and it's been about 70 minutes. In the last 20 minutes, I couldn't resist a pesto pasta (below) so I decide that this is my final portion.

QHL continues to eat another dish while I try and digest. He even orders dessert (which is extra $16) and breathes in the tiramisu which he says is very tasty.




Overall, I had a nice meal at Pizza Autentico. I think $20 for the variety of pizza and pasta is a nice experience and is for value. It's a large variety that you get to try in that 90 minutes. 

I loved that pork sausage pizza with rocket and truffle oil. Anything with a lot of cheese also hit the spot for me. Oh yeahhhhh!!!

In Australia, we are used to a lot more toppings on pizza so some people may find the pizza and pasta very simple however this is probably closer to authentic Italian pizza (legit in Italy). If you don't like simple/classic flavours then you might not enjoy Pizza Autentico.

Price: $20 for the 90 minute session. There is no ala cart menu.

Location: 15 Brisbane St, Surry Hills (it's near the beginning of Oxford st, near Museum station)


Opening Hours: 

Monday, 6pm to 9:30pm, 
Tuesday to Thursday 6pm to 10pm, 
Friday 12 to 2:30pm lunch, 5:30 to 10pm, 
Sat-Sun, 5:30 to 10pm



Pizza Autentico Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekend Food Escapes dined as a guest of Ompty. All words, photos and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment