Wednesday 26 July 2017

Devon Cafe, Surry Hills


Devon has long been on my list of cafes to visit and I finally drop by for a nice lunch recently with my other half. Devon is located on devonshire st in Surry Hills which is currently under a lot of roadworks
Devon's shop front looks quite nice and clean. I walk in towards the back and it's different vibe here. It's more of a hipster warehouse vibe. I look up at the exposed ceiling and the dangling lightbulbs.




Matt orders a nutella milkshake ($8ish) and is slightly disappointed about it's slender appearance but enjoys the chocolately and sweet milky flavours. To accompany his nutella milkshake, he orders the Yakuza Burger ($19.50 plus $3 for bacon). This burger is a grilled teriyaki chicken with a mozzarella katsu, cos lettuce, pickles and devon's secret sauce on a milk bun with a side of fries and mayonnaise for dipping. The flavours are pretty bold with the teriyaki chicken and that sauce packs a punch of salty flavours.  I dip those perfectly cooked crispy chips into the mayo. Yum.





I settle on the Ragu Alla Bolgnese ($25) as i'm craving some heavy carbs on this particularly cold winter day. The egg papperdelle is fresh, wide and thin - just the way I like it along with the slow cooked meat sauce and cheese. I am very satisfied as I slurp the pasta that is very comforting and delicious. The bolgnese has quite a depth in flavour from the slow cooking. Highly recommend!



Summary: I'm glad I finally ventured out to Devon Cafe. The food is delightful and I can see what all the fuss is about. I really liked both the Yakuza Burger and the Ragu Alla Bolgnese and I will have to come back to try out the rest of the menu.

This place is very popular so be wary of potential wait times. I came on a weekday and didn't have to wait but I expect the weekend would be a different story.

Price: $30ish pp


Location: 76 Devonshire St, Surry Hills. A short walk from Central Station


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday: 7:30am to 3:30pm
Saturday, Sunday: 8am to 3:30pm



Devon Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    BBQ cleaning Eastern Suburbs
    End of lease cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Allawah

    ReplyDelete