Saturday 1 August 2015

Marigold, Sydney CBD

Marigold is open on public holidays which I love! I've been coming to Marigold for over 10 years!

Marigold is a very popular yum cha restaurant with long lines on the weekend. Marigold is great because it's open everyday including public holidays and the food is very consistent.  Also compared to other yum cha eateries, I think Marigold is reasonably priced. I came here on a public holiday and it was very busy!


I love all their dumplings. I ordered my usual of Har Gow (Prawn Dumplings), garlic prawn and spinach dumplings and scallop & prawn dumplings. The touch of chili and that first bite into the warm filling of prawn is always so satisfying for me.  The trolley ladies are busy so you must be attentive and grab their attention if you want food. I always order a few dumpling dishes


I also order the mushroom dish which is marinated in a light watery soy. It's not one of my regular favourites but it provides a point of difference in texture compared to all the dumplings.  I also order some BBQ Pork Buns (below). They are great at Marigold.



Above is also the scallop and pork wontons. They weren't bad but by this stage I think I ordered too much food. It was time to get the mango pudding and the mango pancakes. As always they are both delicious.

The Mango Pudding is always well prepared and is essentially a chunky mango jelly. My favourites are the Mango pancakes. Wrapped mango and creme make the perfect mix. It's so simple but absolutely delicious.

Overall, another great experience at Marigold. This is what keeps me coming back - the consistency and the great food.


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 9/10 for Casual Dining
Customer Service: 7/10 (when it gets busy, you'll have to attract attention)
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 8/10



Click to add a blog post for Marigold on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment