Wednesday 12 August 2015

Voulez Vous, Surry Hills - CLOSED

 Voulez Vous is a trendy Serbian, Mediterranean Restaurant in Surry Hills. Your senses will be delighted!


Voulez Vous is located in Surry Hills and is pretty funky. There are some really interesting pieces of furniture and art works in the restaurant which I like (check out the photo above). Voulez Vous has been in Surry Hills for about 2 months so they are still bedding down their menu but here is a sample of what you might get.

For entree, I tried a variety of delicious treats (top above) including zucchini wrapped turkey, bruschetta prosciutto, kashkavel cheese, egg plant dip, pita, olives and sarmice. I really enjoyed the diversity of flavours, textures and look of each component. It's a great way to taste a bit of everything from the Mediterranean.

Their signature dish is the Saach (below). What is the saach you ask? It's the combination of veal and lamb with vegetables in a generous butter sauce. The meat is perfectly cooked and feels very homely. What a nice dish on a cold night. It's a simple but tasty dish.





I also had some of the seared tuna which was nice (above). It's presented with a very modern look. The highlight of the meal for me was dessert. When I saw the Nutella Torte, I almost died in dessert heaven. It was just the most sexy looking dessert waiting for me to devour it - nice and slowly. I savoured the first bite full of chocolate flavours.

The poached pear in red wine was nice. It's not as rich as the nutella torte if that is your preference.



Overall, I had a really pleasant experience at Voulez Vous. The staff were friendly, the food was tasty and the atmosphere was relaxing.

My visit to Voulez Vous was part of the Zomato meet up. I had the pleasure of meeting other bloggers who were just as passionate about food. I would say to them "I'm the alpaca". 

I believe the consensus was pretty clear - all the plates were clear which speaks volumes. I'd definitely recommend checking out Voulez Vous.

Prices: Most Mains are about $25-30

Location: 6 Hunt St, Surry Hills


P.S: Andy had some crazy and deadly looking cocktail (below).



Weekendfoodescapes dined as a guest of Voulez Vous.
Click to add a blog post for Voulez Vous on Zomato

2 comments:

  1. This specific review rocks ! concerning cleaning organizations. An abundance of thanks relating to these sorts of escaping review. I figureBond cleaning Randwick | End of lease cleaning Newtown this article will completely supplement you. It would be ideal if you keep distributing accommodating subjects this way. Cleaning Services Sydney

    ReplyDelete