Tuesday 29 December 2015

Fusion Cafe, Eastwood

Fusion Cafe is located in Eastwood and seems to be very popular.
I didn't know what to expect when it came to Fusion Cafe but given I often see lots of customers in and out; I thought I'd check it out. As I walked through the restaurant, I saw lots of hot pots of noodles, soupy dishes and other Chinese delights.

The number one rule when you walk into an ethnic restaurant for breakfast, do as the romans do. I ordered an Asian breakfast of Satay Beef Rolls in satay sauce, in a hot pot ($8, above). I liked the rice noodles in the sizzling pot. The satay beef was average with the sauce being a bit watery and the beef slightly rubbery. The menu also offers a free drink (limited range) with certain breakfast items. I order a chai latte and due to a language miscommunication, a latte is delivered.

My eating buddy made the mistake of ordering the western breakfast in Fusion Cafe. The Fusion Big Breakfast was ordered which had mushroom, bacon, egg, sausage, hashbrown and tomato (below, $12.50).

Asians have a different way of cooking breakfast. It usually means less butter/oil usually and the bacon is not crispy and the sausage is a frankfurt rather than a proper bbq sausage. So you can't expect the usual breakfast. So i'm not sure if I've just ordered poorly or if the customers only come here for the cheap food.

Prices: $10-15 per person

Location: 58 Balaclava rd, Eastwood


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 5/10 for casual dining
Customer Service: 5/10
Atmosphere: 5/10
Value: 7/10



Fusion Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment