Monday 14 December 2015

Grumpy Barista, Petersham (NOW CLOSED)

All the bloggers talk about the cronuts at the Grumpy Barista. All the staff didn't seem grumpy.

After reading from some of my fellow bloggers about how great the cronuts were at the Grumpy Barista. I decide to stop by and buy a few cronuts for the road. My $20 got me a chocolate cronut, a peanut butter reeses cronut and a salted caramel cronut.  This could become an expensive addiction. The cronuts with syringes are $7 and the others are $6.

One of the staff tells me the chocolate cronut is the most popular and gets snapped up pretty quickly. I make sure I order this one and give this one to my sibling who has a birthday. The chocolate oreo cronut has oreo crumbs on  the top. The middle is a light fluffy dough (like a crossiant) and has custard in the middle. It also comes with a nutella syringe in case you want more chocolate. What a treat! I can  understand why this is popular. 


In the car, I put the syringes to the side and by error in the photo above, I put this in the salted caramel cronut instead of the reeses cronut. I quite like the reeses's cronut with nuts on top, peanut butter spread and chocolate syringe to recreate the reeses' flavours. The salted caramel cronut also gets good ratings as the flavours work very well with the fluffy cronut middle and custard. I can see why all the bloggers are going nuts over this.

For a more simple cronut; I quite liked the glazed brewnut at Brewtown Newtown. Click here to check that out.  Overall though, I'd love to come back to have more cronuts and also try some of their food but I can see this cronut business becoming an expensive addiction LOL!

Prices: $6-7 per cronut

Location: 110 Audley St, Petersham

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 9/10 for dessert
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10

The Grumpy Barista Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment