Thursday 25 August 2016

Duck Duck Goose, Randwick


Duck Duck Goose has a reputation for being child friendly with kids menu, a play area and changing table for the babies/kiddies and having good food and coffee for the adults. 

I think I've found a new favourite when it comes to chicken burgers. The special (above photo) Southern Fried Chicken burger was AMAZEBALLs.



Duck Duck Goose is located in Randwick in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. I visit Duck Duck Goose with MW one weekend and MW is sooo hangry! MW is quickly appeased with a chocolate milkshake and I order my usual chai latte (below $4.5) to awaken the senses.


We order a mix of brunch food starting off with the toasted sour dough ($18, below) with avo, coriander, tomatoes, cucumber in a light tahini sauce with dukkah and labne. It's a fancier version of smashed avo on toast. I personally love avo and coriander so I was in heaven. Fresh flavours on crusty bread is always a win.



It was a windy day so I also order the soup special which is the Pumpkin soup ($15, below) with milawa tomme de chevre (cheese) and thyme. The little white blobs of cheese melt into the smooth pumpkin soup. I spoon a mouthful and that cheese oozes into my mouth. It's so delightful and warm in my mouth. Soup is no longer boring! Yay!! 




Now onto the highlight of lunch. The Southern American Chicken Burger ($20, above)  was sooooo good. It was the fried chicken that is perfectly crumbed with beechwood bacon, paprika aioli, american cheese on a milkbun. The chips are french fry style and perfectly seasoned (just like pub life chicken). This is a MUST ORDER dish and I tell the owner that he MUST put this on the menu for my sake. O M G SOOOO GOOOOOD.

If you are trying to be healthier however, then I recommend the Salad of roasted and raw beetroot ($16) and you can choose a protein so I choose lamb shoulder (an additional $7.5). The salad is light and healthy but a little bit naughty as well with the blue cheese, pear and a shiraz dressing (my favourite wine oohh yeah shiraz).



I've had such a lovely lunch at Duck Duck Goose however I completely over ordered although MW did very well and ate most of the lunch. I'm still thinking of that soup and the chicken burger. 

Summary: Duck Duck Goose is a lovely cafe with wholesome food. YOU MUST order that chicken burger special and let's all pray that it ends on the permanent menu. 

Price: $20-25 for mains

Location: 136-138 Avoca St, Randwick


Opening Hours: 7am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm on weekends. 




Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Ompty. All photos, words and opinions are my own.

Duck Duck Goose Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment