Monday 29 August 2016

Gazebo, Elizabeth's Bay



On a whim, I ask my pal Mel to join for an indulgent dinner after coming across a 'special' that Gazebo were running which was the truffle and cheese degustation with matching wines last month.

The truffle season is now over. Shed a tear for all the truffle lovers. I have been eating a lot of truffle cheese recently and naturally was willing to have one last dinner before the season was over (The internet tells me that truffle season is prime during the Australian winter.) 

Gazebo is located in Potts Point, about a 7 minute walk from Kings Cross. Last month, they had a 5 course degustation at Gazebo was $75 (additional $20 for three glasses of matching wines). 

The first course is the Brie Mon Pere, layered with truffle, truffle honey and seeded toast. The cheese slightly smeared onto the seeded toast with honey was so delightful to eat. The truffle flavours were very subtle though, I regret not booking this dinner in sooner. I love cheese though, particularly brie so it was the perfect way to start this indulgent dinner.



The second course is the buratta cheese with beets, heirloom tomatoes, asparagus, basil, balsamic, grated truffle. Mel loves the creaminess of the buratta cheese. It's my favourite cheese when it comes to Italian cuisine, the creaminess of the cheese meshes well with the beetroot smear. Again the truffle flavour is very subtle.




I had been looking forward to the next dish which was the Mushroom Tortellini, wild fungi, shaved truffle white wine sauce and truffle percorino. 

How can you go wrong with such a timeless classic combination of mushroom, pasta and truffle flavours. The big flat pieces of truffle are huge! Again the truffle flavour was too subtle for me however Mel gives it a good sniff and tells me she can smell the truffle.



I'm becoming a bit full by now but my stomach immediately makes room when the Eye fillet (crusted in truffle salt, roasted eschalots, cauliflower and cheese bake, red wine jus, truffle) comes to the table. The steak is juicy (and buttery) and that cheese bake is the perfect side.




The final dish and dessert is the warm apple galette, frangipane truffle ice cream. I've had such a lovely dinner with Mel. I make a mental note however to come in the middle of the truffle season to ensure I get maximum flavour. I love truffles, they are my second lover.

Summary: This dinner was very indulgence and very satisfying. So good, I'd love to come back to Gazebo for more special events as the food was lovely and I think the price was for value. The decore is quite intimate so it's perfect for a date as well.

Price: This 'special' dinner was $75 or $95 with 3 glasses of matching wines.

Location: 2 Elizabeth Bay Rd, Elizabeth's Bay


Opening Hours: 
Tues to Sun, 12pm to 12am



Gazebo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

3 comments:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    BBQ cleaning Manly
    End of lease cleaning Arndell Park
    End of lease cleaning Badgerys Creek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative and detailed article is this. Love to read it revistaneon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creating an effective website design strategy each category using content production methods according only for more info
    to what will be profitable overall on any given day/week. visit here

    ReplyDelete