Wednesday 17 May 2017

Munich Brauhaus, The Rocks


If you haven't been in Munich Brauhaus recently (previously Lowenbrau Keller) in the rocks; you'll have to come back to check out their latest menu and check out their new beers. They have a live band every night and at lunch times on the weekend to entertain as well and a wide range of beers to boot.


I can tell Matt is in heaven as we walk into Munich Brauhaus this evening and he quickly makes plans to come back this weekend. There are long tables in the beer hall with a small stage with the German band. There is incredible buzz and atmosphere with the band bringing the venue to life.

They still have their attractions like the 1kg veal Schnitty which is $100 or free if you get through it all in an hour. They have their usual build your own salad (which is really popular) and popular favourites like pork knuckle, schnitty and platters.

Munich Brauhaus are also currently running a series of new secret brewery beers so you can try special craft beers while supporting local small breweries. I sip on the Firecracker Blonde beer which is one of Munich Brauhaus' Secret Brewer beers... I quite enjoy this crisp and sweet beer. It's not too sweet, it's actually quite mellow and I've always enjoyed my wheat beers. I recommend ordering this beer. I personally can't resist eating this pretzel even though I know there's a big feast ahead of me. 




There's a few new additions on the menu and here are some of the highlights. There's the mac and cheese balls ($10) and these chicken schitz lettuce cups with cabbage and sesame dressing ($15).




I get straight into the pickled trio. The sour taste just cuts through all the savoury flavours and activates the senses. 




We couldn't visit Munich Brauhaus without ordering the signature Pork Knuckle, which is a crowd favourite. The Pork Knuckle has a nice crunch and juicy pork flesh that sits on a bed of mash and sauerkraut and apple compote which is hard to resist despite the new menu additions. Matt loves the crunchy skin and as he cuts through to the softer pork flesh, I can tell he's in heaven. Naturally to match the pork knuckle, Matt enjoys some beer. We both agree that our favourite is the Secret Brewer's pale ale. 



Also what's new on the menu is their new steak range. This menu basically rounds out the ideal pub grub food you could ever dream of. I order the spiced rubbed aged beef rib sirloin which comes with chips and and some pickled vegetables. The meat is quite pink.





There are a few side options which you may want to share including the garlic broccoli or the duck fat potatoes or my favourite - the sweet potato chips with a zesty sauce.





For dessert, I have the salted caramel cheesecake. It's quite a nice cheesecake although the biscuit base is a bit thin. The salted caramel is very tasty. 


If you're having a good night, you may consider a nice schnapps shot or two. 

Summary: I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Munich Brauhaus with their band. Their menu has expanded with lots of options including their new steak range. The pork knuckle and secret brewers beer is always a grand attraction though so whatever floats your boat! I highly recommend, especially if you love your pub food.

Price: Most mains are $25-30ish

Location: Cnr of Playfair and Argyle st, The Rocks


Opening Hours: 

Mon to Fri - 10am to 12am
Sat to Sun - 9am to 12am

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Munich Brauhaus. All photos, opinions and words are my own.


Munich Brauhaus Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I welcome this article for the well-analyzed substance and wonderful wording...I am related with your site thanks!I had a great time it soEnd of lease House cleaning | Oven Cleaning services in Adelaide | Carpet Cleaning Services much and thank you for an extraordinary article, it helped me a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    Spring cleaning Newtown
    Spring cleaning Surry hills
    Spring cleaning North Manly

    ReplyDelete