Friday 5 May 2017

Vivaldi, Matraville

Vivaldi is a new Italian restaurant in Matraville, Sydney's East. Vivaldi is run by an Italian family with lots of charm and character. I also eye off the big pizza oven that they have.

Matt and I check it out on a sleepy Sunday night where we are ready for a carb fest! We arrive at approximately 6pm and there's a few tables available but by 7pm, a few larger groups come in and it's buzzing. There's a nice family vibe going on.  I like these cute salt and pepper shakers.


For entree, Matt orders the Melanzane Parmigiana ($17) which is a Classic Eggplant Parmigiana with mozzarella in carozza (which means in carriage i.e cheesey bread in carriage). I really like that chunky, crumbed and cheesey bread as it provides a crunchy texture in comparison to the soft eggplant which is topped with a tomato based sauce and cheese. Highly recommend.




Alternatively, you may love seafood and prefer the Cozze in Guazzetto ($15) which are fresh mussels steamed in cherry tomatoes, white wine, garlic, chilli and fresh basil. This dish is also served up with bread. I love mussels in this light white wine sauce. The bread is served up crunchy but quickly gets soft as the broth seeps into the bread. This is a nice light entree. I recommend this dish.




For mains, I order the Porcini pizza ($27) which has a white base with porcini mushrooms, truffle oil and roman pecorino cheese. This pizza is absolutely delicious and cheesey. Those truffle flavours come through and are a perfect match to the mushrooms. I love these flavours.

Matt really likes the Vivaldi Calzone ($24) which has a tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, ham, basil and parmigiano reggiano. I love calzone and will have to come back to try the vegetarian one as well.


Make sure you save room for dessert. It's AMAZING. I also try the homemade almond cake with Limoncello which has is a dense but light cake which tastes delicious after the shot of limoncello. I really like this dessert.

Summary: Vivaldi brings delicious Italian food to Matraville. I predict this restaurant will be a complete hit with the locals with their delicious food, family charms and friendly customer service

Price: Mains are $25-30

Location: 3/495 Bunnerong Rd, Matraville


Opening Hours: 

Closed Monday
Tuesday to Sunday 5:30pm to 9:30pm

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Ompty Media. All photos, opinions and words are my own.


Vivaldi Italian Kitchen & Pizza Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning North sydney
    Spring cleaning
    Spring cleaning Mascot

    ReplyDelete