Saturday 5 August 2017

The Shed, Top Ryde

I've been incredibly unwell and knocked out with a virus recently so I've been spending a lot of time in bed sleeping and I really missed my eating adventures! How are you faring this winter? 

As soon as I was remotely well enough, I headed out locally for a brunch. I head to Top Ryde where there are some new shops nearby the Coles and I check the shed cafe.


The shed cafe is a little venue in the middle of the shopping mall so there's a lot of background noise but the shed some how still manages to retain a bit of cafe charm. I like the little hammer stand that holds the salt/pepper.


Matt orders at the counter and returns with a number. I look around and take in my surroundings. I eye off Sushi Hub which is not far away and gozleme king which are new additions to this food area as well.


Our drinks arrive and I sip on my chai latte ($4) which has a splash of the chai powder on top for additional sweetness which I haven't seen before. I like the chai as it's milky smooth with a hint of vanilla. It's not spiced chai but I think I prefer the smoother tones. 

Matt orders the choc overload ($6.9) which is a smoothie with milo, nutella, milk, ice and ice cream. He was hoping for a stronger chocolate hit in the shake but he still happily sips on the drink.



Our food arrives! M orders the bacon and egg roll ($8.90) which comes with relish and cheese. You can also add a coffee to make it a combination at $11.90. I think it's a bit pricey for a food court bacon and egg roll but I suppose you have to consider that we are sitting in the venue.  Bacon and eggs are such a marriage made in heaven and M munches away enjoying his breakfast.



I order the breakfast fritter ($14.90) which is made of corn and green pea fritter, haloumi, corn, poached egg and a light salsa. I get straight into the fritter but it's quite dense and with very little corn or peas. The fritter itself is not enjoyable to eat as it's very doughy but I devour the poached eggs (which are perfectly poached), the grilled haloumi which is nice and salty and the corn.

Summary: The Shed would be a nice stop before or after getting your grocery shopping done! I'll have to come back and try some of the other dishes. Matt thought his bacon and egg roll was up to cafe standards. With some tweaks on the fritters, that could be a more popular dish.

Price: $15 for most breakfast/lunch mains


Location: Level 1, Top Ryde Shopping Centre, Cnr Blaxland and Devlin St


Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday, 9am to 6pm (although open till 9pm on Thursday)

Sunday, 10am to 5pm

The Shed Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    BBQ cleaning Western Suburbs
    End of lease cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning

    ReplyDelete