Thursday 5 October 2017

Yoksod, Sydney CBD


On a particularly stressful Friday lunch, I head to Yoksod for a thai lunch for a $13 with your choice of main and drink (house beer or wine). Yoksod is located within the bar Mr B's which is on the corner of Pitt St and Goulburn St.



Mr B's is a pub by day and an Asian bar (upstairs) by night. My work colleague Steph loves Thai food and highly recommends Yoksod so I decide to take her up on her suggestion one Friday afternoon. She's running a bit late so I order for her at the bar and grab my number. I start people watching and notice mostly office workers.



Over a cheeky house beer and also a house red wine, Steph and I cheers and let the work week melt over us. Steph orders a pad see ew with chicken. We agree that the $13 combination of main and drink is a bargain. The Pad See Ew glistens in the sun light and tastes incredible with a touch of chilli. It's a generous portion and those rice noodles are incredibly slurpy. There's egg and greens as well.



I opt for a pad thai with beef (also $13 with my house red wine). The pad thai is also a generous portion and is topped with bean sprouts. The noodles are nice but not as slurpy or as addictive as the pad see ew. I suddenly have food envy but I still enjoy my Pad Thai. The beef pieces are thin and chewy - perhaps a tad over cooked. The Pad Thai is still enjoyable to eat.



Summary: Overall, I thought Yoksod was a nice venue for a leisurely lunch. The food came out in a reasonable amount of time and the lunch deal is high on value. A nice cheap and cheerful meal

Price: $13 for choice of special lunch menu main and house drink


Location: 396 Pitt St, Sydney


Opening Hours: 11am to late daily




Yok Sod Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.อาหาร เด็ก 9 เดือน

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    BBQ cleaning North Bondi
    End of lease cleaning Canoelands
    End of lease cleaning Canley Vale

    ReplyDelete