Thursday 12 October 2017

Bondi Pizza, Top Ryde


Matt and I are local to the Ryde area and on date night, we decide to check out Bondi Pizza. It's a Friday night so the venue is buzzing. I am feeling a bit cold tonight so I am hoping for a seat inside.



I can see free seats inside but the staff seat me outside and have offered to move me when a table becomes available. The weather is getting warmer so people probably want to sit outside.  There's a lot of people dining on this particular night so it makes for good atmosphere and luckily the venue is quite large and is able to fit several tables.

Matt and I look at the menu and the pizza descriptions sound very tasty. We decide to get some popular flavour combinations.

I go for the Grilled Chilli Prawn ($25.95). This pizza is topped with marinated chilli prawns, roasted capsicum, basil, roma tomatoes and has a pesto topped with chilli sauce. I'm not sure if the pesto works flavour wise for me. I was hoping for a more traditional chilli prawn pizza with red onion (which was not on this version) and more cheesey and chilli dominant flavours. It's still a good pizza and I enjoy it. I also think for the price point - Bondi Pizza is probably not as competitive as other pizzerias in the area.


Matt goes for the Large Meat Supreme Pizza ($25.95) with has traditional Italian pepperoni, wagyu meatballs, premium leg ham, pancetta, balsamic onions, mushrooms, rocket and it's topped with a BBQ mayo. The meatballs are 50% beef and pork. Matt comments on the very thin crust which is not to everyone's liking but says he likes this pizza. He agrees and says while the pizza is enjoyable, he may prefer a more authentic pizza experience and the price point is slightly higher.


We both cheers to the pizza and because we are fatties, we of course eat both pizzas easily. 

Summary: Bondi Pizza is a large venue in Top Ryde that has a lot of buzz and great atmosphere. There is a lot of great variety on the menu and the crusts are crunchy thin.

The pizzas were nice but perhaps not as competitive in price for the area and not authentic in Italian tradition but the Aussie Modern twist might be preferred for some.

Price: $26ish for a large pizza and similar price point for other mains


Location: Outside Area of Top Ryde, 109-129 Blaxland Rd, Ryde


Opening Hours: 
Monday to Sunday: 11am to 10pm



Bondi Pizza Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    BBQ cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Paddington
    End of lease cleaning Redfern

    ReplyDelete