Monday 16 October 2017

District 8, Cabravale Diggers, Cabramatta



If you haven't been to Cabra-vale Diggers for some time, you should come back and check out their new $18 million dollar renovated venue including the brand new spanking dining area called "District 8". I went there for a family meal and was eager to see what has changed.


As I walked in, I notice how new and welcoming District 8 is. It reminds me of a bigger, more spacious version of Chatswood's hawker lane - A fancy Asian eating area with an extensive menu. I quickly learn that it's called District 8 because there are 8 key areas that you can dine at. They include
  • Dumplings, Congee and Soup, Noodles
  • BBQ Asian Meats
  • Grilled and Stir Fries
  • Seafood
  • Chinese a la carte in Horizon Restaurant
  • Asian Bakery (nice desserts)
  • Fruit juices / salads
  • Drinks Bar
I already eye off some of the fellow tables to see what they are eating. I see lots of delicious dumplings and noodle soups at the tables next to me. There is so much variety at District 8 from Chinese to Thai to Malaysian and Vietnamese food. I'm overwhelmed with choice.


I poke my head into one of the rooms and the staff tell me that there are function rooms available for big groups or even Christmas parties. It looks very swish and intimate. I also like the decorations and furnishings, especially the lucky cat wall.






Now for the food. As I love variety, I end up ordering a few dishes from a number of the venues from District 8 at Cabravale Diggers. First up are some BBQ duck, crispy chicken, Chinese Pork Char Siu and Roast Pork. The duck is probably the most popular of the lot although I know Matt loves the Pork Char Siu. It's all authentic tasting and delicious. You can also order the BBQ meats with noodles or rice which might be preferrable option. I highly recommend along with a frosty beer. I also order the shanghai  stir fry noodles with pork. These hand-made noodles are very slurpy and addictive. Matt's Mum enjoys the soy based noodles. It's also a good portion for $12.







My favourite entrees are dumplings or satay sticks. I go for the Chicken Satay sticks ($8 for 4 skewers) which come with a really nice satay sauce. The sauce is creamy and slightly sweet. They're easy to share as well.

The signature dumplings - the xiao long bao ($7.50 for 6) are delicious with thin dough skin and hot soup awaiting soy, vinegar and chilli sauce. This is the must order dish. The dumplings are incredibly high quality and perfectly balanced.



The mushroom dumplings ($6.50) have perfectly silky skin and are nice and hot with mushroom and vegetable filling. These dumplings are best eaten with chilli sauce. This is also a good option for your vegetarian friends. I eat most of these as i really enjoy them




Rhonda also says the highlight of the meal for her is the Massaman Curry ($12.50). She's tried quite a few in the area at Thai restaurants but claims this is the best one as the beef is incredibly tender. The mildly creamy sauce with the chunks of potato and cashews make for a moreish curry.

We're having a really nice family dinner at District 8!


Summary: I really love the decore and atmosphere at the new eating area at Cabravale Diggers called District 8. You must get down there and order everything off the menu.

All the food I ordered was high quality, reasonably priced and delicious. My picks are the dumplings and that massamam curry

Price: $12-14 for most mains.


Location: 1 Bartley St, Canley Vale


Opening Hours: 11am to late daily


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Rojo Consulting. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Cabra-Vale Diggers Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! Very nice food and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what we really say a true weekend food escape.
    meet and greet parking luton

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way they filled the food in special sauce makes it more delicious.
    meet and greet Stansted

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning Redfern
    End of lease cleaning Bondi
    End of lease cleaning Paddington

    ReplyDelete
  5. Service Basket UAE, recognized as giants in Dubai movers, moving companies, movers and packers in dubai, best movers in Dubai, home, office relocation & movers, top packers movers services in Dubai. Compare moving companies in Dubai, compare the cost of moving and compare user reviews of Dubai moving companies best movers and packers in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HACK ATM AND BECOME T전주출장샵ODAY RICH You can hack and crash into it without having too much weapons or weapons. How is that possible?

    ReplyDelete