Thursday 1 February 2018

Moeru, West Ryde


It's been some time since I've been to Moeru but I have to say it's growing on me. Moeru is a casual Japanese restaurant located across the road from West Ryde Station.



I have been here recently twice, once with a gal friend of mine and another time with Matt. My advice is to book or come very early or late as many customers get turned away in peak dinner time from 6:30/7pm. 

I think I've now established my favourite dishes to order. Firstly, I order the pork gyoza ($7.90). I enjoy the crunchy base while the rest of the dumpling is moist and the pork is flavoursome. I dip this into a bit of soy sauce which compliments the dumplings with salty flavours. The second dish I always order is the Combo Grande Sashimi and Sushi Platter (24 pcs, 12 nigiri and 12 sashimi pcs $43.90). The sushi is beautifully presented especially the salmon nigiri which has been especially cut so you can absorb soy sauce and wasabi in between the lines. The sashimi and sushi is fresh and very enjoyable to eat.








My other two suggested dishes that Matt and I quite like are the Kaarage chicken ($8.50 for the small portion or $14.50 for the large portion). The fried chicken is served up with a small portion of mayonnaise and I would best describe the chicken as chicken strips. They're quite nice to eat but it's not quite that chunk of chicken where you get a more balance ratio of flesh to skin. The other dish you may want to consider is the Agadashi Eggplant ($9.90). Even if you don't like Eggplant, this dish cleverly disguises that eggplant taste with the familiar flavours that you would get from an Agadashi tofu. The sauce is quite sweet and the eggplant is slightly crispy which is delicious!

Summary: Moeru is a nice little Japanese restaurant in West Ryde that is very popular with the locals. The must orders are definitely the sashimi/sushi platters.

Moeru is also licensed so you can enjoy a cheeky wine with dinner.

Price: $35ish per person

Location: 6 West Parade, West Ryde


Opening Hours: 

Sunday, Monday to Wednesday 11:30-2:30pm, 5:30pm to 9:30pm
Thursday, Friday and Saturday may close slightly later at 10pm

Moeru Japanese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Really Awesome………very nice post. You are Expert in your profession. It's a very interesting in post. I appreciate you keep do posting. Jean Alberti

    ReplyDelete