Sunday 16 September 2018

Turka, Crows Nest


One sunny Sunday morning, Matt and I venture out to Crows Nest to Turka, a Turkish restaurant. It's been some time since I've had a Turkish breakfast and I am looking forward to a feast. 
As I enter, I notice a big table of people. They look like a big gathering of friends who are enjoying their food. I look at their food in envy and sit down.

I look at the Turka menu. There's lots of different Turkish options but I am instantly drawn to what the big table are enjoying which is the Big Turkish Breakfast ($25 per person or $10 for kids). You just need a minimum of two people to enjoy this big breakfast.



I look at the beverage menu for Turka and I know what I'm ordering. The Turkish Apple Tea ($3) is hard to go past as it's simply sweet and delicious. I've had Turkish apple tea before and I've really enjoyed it. It's served hot in a small glass. You sip slowly so the sugary apple flavours can linger in the mouth.

Matt goes for a Turkish Lemonade ($4). It's hard to describe but it's slightly different to your normal lemonade. Uludag is a popular lemonade brand, made with beet sugar and sparkling water. It's refreshing and Matt enjoys sipping on the Turkish Lemonade.













The first thing that comes out from the Turka Big Breakfast is this massive board. Swiftly afterwards, there's also a bread basket which I like to call the basket of carbs and also a fruit platter. 

My eyes are slightly overwhelmed by the amount of food in front of me. I can also see Matt is excited about the brunch ahead of us.




Turka Big Breakfast has 4 different types of cheeses, olives, jams, honey, yoghurt, seasonal fruit, tomatoes and cucumbers, tahini and grape molasses, dry figs and apricots, walnuts, Turkish Halva along with Menemen scrambled eggs, gozleme.



My recommendation is to start off with the scrambled eggs as it's the only hot element in the big breakfast. I scoop up the soft scrambled eggs that have been cooked with tomato and capsicum and eat this on some of the flat bread. The scrambled eggs are a nice way to start the meal as it's warm and it's fairly neutral in flavours. 




I would then suggest you start next with some cheeses and olives. This will then add saltiness to your palette. I nibble away. I would then suggest you try some of the sweet elements including honey with bread or the tahini with grape molasses (which has a peanut butter flavour), topped with jam on bread. By gradually eating each element, you are adding a different flavour.  

To neutralise your palette, go back for some more scrambled eggs or gozleme or try some of the yoghurt which is slightly sour. That will give you relief if you are experiencing too much salty or sweetness at breakfast.


As I continue to graze, I am gradually becoming quite full. I've eaten quite a bit of food today. But I leave just enough room for some fruit. I enjoy eating the fresh watermelon and strawberries and I leave the grapes and oranges to Matt.

Matt tells me he wants to return to Turka. He's really enjoyed this grazing breakfast. 




Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed my breakfast at Turka. It's a nice restaurant with friendly staff and the big breakfast was spectacular. My favourite part of the big breakfast would have to be that tahini with grape molasses. It's so tasty.

Price: $16-25ish for most breakfast mains


Location: 8 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Thursday 7am to 9pm
Friday 7am to 10pm
Saturday 8am to 10pm
Sunday 8am to 9pm




Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Turka Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. Excellent ! I am truly impressed that there is so much about this subject that has been revealed and you did it so nicely.I am very delighted in for this blog. Its an enlightening point. It help me particularly to take care of certain issues. Its chance End of lease cleaning Bondi junction | Bond cleaning Bondi junctionare so phenomenal and working style so speedy.I figure it might be help every one of you. Thanks.Regards,End of lease cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaners from a trustworthy relationship to do your move out cleaning is an ideal decision and now you don't have to worry over your home amazing and Bond cleaning Redfern | End of lease cleaning Zetland | Bond cleaning Zetland stunning. I appreciated it so much and thank you for a marvelous article, it helped me a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is so incredible! Much obliged to you for sharing this great data. I enjoyed the manner in which you exhibited your data. I appreciate perusing this blog which incorporates bunches of supportive data its exceptionally intriguing and amazing.I delighted in it so much and thank you for a superb article the End of lease cleaning | End of lease cleaning Sydney, it helped me a ton. You have such an incredible personality to think of this. Respects,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning Bundeena
    End of lease cleaning Bonnyrigg
    End of lease cleaning Blairmount

    ReplyDelete