Thursday 21 March 2019

Albion Place Hotel, Sydney CBD


On this particular Saturday, my friend Andrew and I catch up at Albion Place Hotel. I've been craving some pub food recently.  I've walked past Albion Place Hotel several times but it's been a few years since I've been inside.
Albion Place Hotel is a pub that's located on George St. They have a Australian pub menu and also a thai menu. As it's a warm day, I walk along the side of the pub and go straight into the beer garden. There's a few people here and there but it's relatively quiet. The decore feels a bit tired and hung over (lol) with a mild smell of beer which is not uncommon in pubs.




 Andrew orders a Chicken Schnitty ($14.90) which normally comes with a side of chips and salad with your choice of gravy, mushroom or pepper sauce. Although Andrew decides no to salad and no to the sauce. The chicken schnitty is of a generous size and is crunchy on the outside. The chips are a mix of crunchy and soft. The schnitty doesn't look as good as my steak but schnittys are hard to make presentable.


I go for the rump steak (250g) $14.90, with your choice of chips/mash and side salad with your choice of gravy, mushroom or pepper sauce. I always choose mushroom sauce as it's my favourite. The steak is well cooked with a nice layer of fat in the middle. I happily dip the chips into the mushroom sauce and enjoy the side salad.

Summary: Overall, I enjoyed my casual pub meal which I thought was at a reasonable price. The beer garden was a bit dreary and tired but it was a quiet space to catch up which I liked. I recommend for a quick pub meal!

Price: Most mains $15-20


Location: 531 George St, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Saturday 10am to 3am
Sunday 10am to 2am



Albion Place Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I value this article for the well-investigated substance and marvelous wording. I got so connected with this Carpet steam cleaning Bondi | Carpet steam cleaning Bondi | Carpet steam cleaning Mosman | Carpet cleaning Mosman | Carpet steam cleaning Alexandria that I couldn't stop examining. I am astonished by your work and skill. Much gratitude to you for such a degree. Regards,

    ReplyDelete