Sunday 10 March 2019

Wood and Smoke, Darlinghurst



Fans of the Rabbit Hole will be big fans of Wood and Smoke in Darlinghurst. The owner has taken the charm of Rabbit Hole and turned this into the new place to be for delicious cocktails and very easy to eat food.


As the weather is a bit cooler, I end up going upstairs rather than the little outside garden area. I've even got a jacket on but I am enjoying the rustic charm inside. So let's look at the menu for food and the menu for cocktails.



After careful deliberation, Matt and I start by ordering some drinks. We sip on delicious cocktails including the Succubus ($19) with 23rd st. Vodka, elderflower liqueur, lychee, pinot grigio, lemon, simple syrup, rhubarb bitters. This is the perfect cocktail if you're looking for a sweet, fruity, refreshing and smooth cocktail. I could easily down a few of the Succubus cocktails.

The stand out and surprising cocktail is called the Man-Spritz ($18) which is made of aperol, stone's green ginger wine, lime, sumple syrup and lager. This is a refreshing cocktail with the familiar aperol taste with the buzz from the ginger wine and lager to round out the flavours.  I recommend both cocktails! 







I notice a table nearby us order the Charcuterie Board. It's one to share if you feel like grazing to start with. The Charcuterie Board ($19) has jamon serrano duroc, la boqueria salchichon (french saucisson), la boqueria morocon (classic spanish salami), cabra curado (goat cheese) and mahon de menorca (cow cheese). I enjoy the flat bread with the sliced classic salami, a bit of the goat's cheese and a salty green olive. I take another sip of my cocktail. My tastebuds have been activated. Ready for mains!








Matt devours into the Beef Burger ($19) which has 100% wagyu, jack cheese, pickles, mustard. Matt highly recommends this burger as the meat pattie is perfectly cooked with a pink middle. The combination of the sauce, cheese, pickles and mustard comes together perfectly. The crispy chunky chips accompany the burger. Recommend!






Wood and Smoke's menu largely consists of pizzas! I quite like the pizza bases at Wood and Smoke as it's crispy and light on the stomach which means you can enjoy the flavours of the topping. We order the Diavola Pizza ($18) which comes on a tomato base with mild salami, chilli flakes and basil. This is a go to pizza that I like to order as I find the flavours very moreish. 

The staff suggest we order the Funghi Pizza ($20) which has mushrooms, truffle pesto, cheese and rocket. These are very simple ingredients that come together perfectly. The mushroom and truffle pesto make a natural marriage and the cheese adds a smooth salty element. I recommend!









For anyone looking for a healthy alternative. I recommend the Warm Cauliflower, spiced almond, kale tabouli and vinaigrette salad ($18). This salad is cleverly put together with colourful food, textural contrast and high flavour. The cauliflower is absolutely delicious, I almost regret eating so much pizza. There's elements of this dish that remind me of a poke bowl (without the sashimi).

Summary: Overall, I really enjoyed my dinner at Wood and Smoke. The magic from the Rabbit Hole has successfully shifted to Wood and Smoke with delicious, quality cocktails and food. I recommend popping by for a pizza and a cocktail.

Price: Most mains $15-26ish


Location: 77 Stanley St, Darlinghurst


Opening Hours: 

Tuesday to Friday 12pm to 12am
Saturday 4pm to 12am
Closed Sunday and Monday



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Wood&Smoke Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. wood-and-smoke-darlinghurst.
    Statistics Assignment Help
    https://www.msahomeworkhelp.com/statistics-assignment-help

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article is so incredible! Much obliged to you for sharing this great data. I enjoyed the manner in which you exhibited your data. I appreciatDomestic cleaning Sydney | End of lease cleaning services in Sydney | End of lease cleaning in Sydneye perusing this blog which incorporates bunches of supportive data its exceptionally intriguing and amazing. Thank you for sharing this awesome information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular survey rocks! concerning cleaning associations. A plenitude of thanks identifying with these sorts of getting away audit. I Domestic cleaning Sydney | Check out cleaning | check out cleanersfigure this article will totally enhance you. It causes me especially to deal with specific issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I value this article for the well-investigated substance and marvelous wording. I got so connected with this Carpet steam cleaning Newtown | Carpet cleaning Newtown | Carpet steam cleaning North sydney | Carpet cleaning North sydney | Carpet steam cleaning Paddington that I couldn't stop examining. I am astonished by your work and skill. Much gratitude to you for such a degree. Regards,

    ReplyDelete