Tuesday 19 March 2019

Ryo's, Crows Nest



I've been to Ryo's many times and most locals in Sydney would know about Ryo's and how it is famous for its ramen. It's known for it's ramen rather than decore or anything else. I think it's a nice cheap and cheerful restaurant.

Ryo's is a tiny little restaurant which is located away from the main strip of Crows Nest. We are able to typically find parking a street or two away.

On a cooler day, Matt and I decide to have dinner at Ryo's. On most days you will see a queue outside waiting but as I arrive at about 5:30pm, I get a table straight away. Winner!

I decide to order a kid's portion of the Ramen in Miso Flavoured Pork  Soup with egg, roast pork, shallot and bamboo shoots ($10, kids size). The broth is super tasty from the fat mixed in with the miso flavours and has a real depth of flavour. The noodles are light, springy and they soak up the delicious broth. I am momentary in my own world of food heaven as I sip on the broth and slurp up the noodles. This is also the most ordered ramen at Ryo's.





Ryo's mostly has ramen on their menu but another frequently ordered dish is their fried chicken ($9). Japanese Fried chicken is called Kaarage Chicken and it's is one of my favourite things to eat as the coating is light, crispy, salty and the chicken flesh is flavoursome. The Kaarage chicken is served with a small dollop of mayonnaise.



Matt always orders the same ramen dish. He goes for the full sized ramen in spicy ($15.50) hot flavoured soup with roast pork, egg and shallot. The broth is in a bright red colour and you can see the eggs already turning red as they soak up the chilli, red broth. There's silence as Matt devours this delicous bowl of ramen. I think the broth is not as tasty as my ramen but there's a nice spicy kick to it.





Summary: Ryo's is as good as every other visit. I really enjoyed the depth of flavours in the ramen and I will definitely be back. I would highly recommend but be conscious of the queue so try to go at odd times. Matt and I order the same dishes at Ryo's... Check out a very old post and my first on Ryo's from 2014.  The food hasn't changed, there's just been minor prices increases.

Price: Most dishes are about $15ish


Location: 125 Falcon St, Crows Nest


Opening Hours: 

Everyday 12pm to 2pm, 5pm to 9pm




Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.



Ryo's Noodles Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning Bondi
    End of lease cleaning Neutral Bay
    End of lease cleaning Zetland

    ReplyDelete