Sunday 1 March 2020

Hungry Dough, Wareemba



Hungry Dough is a cosy pizza shop located in Wareemba. Hungry Dough has recently organised a "meet up" which had board games and pizza events on selected Sundays. This is an opportunity for people to come together, meet new people, play board games and enjoy some food. What a relaxing way to spend a Sunday. Tickets for this particular meet up were $25 and include a large pizza, sides and lots of fun with the board games.


For those who haven't been to Hungry Dough before, you'll notice some animated friends on the wall. There's only a few small tables in the venue and I have a quick look at all the games on the table. It's a booked out "meet up" with two tables. As a group we agree that we would eat first and play some games afterwards.



Mr Weekend Food Escapes and I have been to Hungry Dough before. I really enjoy the pizza and manoosh the last time.This time, based on a recommendation by the owner, I order the Tandoori Pizza which has Chicken Roasted in tandoori spices, cherry tomatoes, shallots, crushed cashews with coriander and garlic sauce. The pizza base is nice and thin, crunchy. There's a  mild tandoori flavour and I enjoy the garlic sauce with the crushed cashews.





Hungry Dough also brings out a number of sides for the group to share including these sticky chicken wings and fried chicken wings.  I love the crispy, crunchy fried chicken wings as they have a crunchy coating and it's paired with a garlic sauce.



Hungry Dough has this Vietnamese Chicken Pizza which has chicken breast fillet, caramelised onion, slaw and hoisin sweet, chilli, coriander and garlic sauce. I really like the sweetness from the hoisin sauce with the chicken. The crunchy slaw also adds a nice freshness to the pizza. It's quite a different type of pizza if you want to try something different.




Hungry Dough is also known for their manoosh so you could order additional food if this takes your fancy or take some take away. This is the Spinach and Cheese Manoosh ($8) which has a light bread-like texture and encases a mixture of spinach, ricotta, onion, sumac, feta ,haloumi, sesame seeds. This makes for a great entree or snack. I like the light texture.  I also recommend the Zaatar ($6). It's my favourite because of the mixture of flavours of thyme, sesame. cumin, olive oil on flat bread. I could eat this everyday, it's so delicious.





I am in food heaven and I love my carbs. I'm ready for a nap. Instead I drink a coke zero and get pumped for the afternoon.

After eating up a storm, I clean up my hands and get ready for an afternoon of games.  One of the girls has also brought her own board games on the other table while I get into a hilarious game of cards of humanity. I'm not very creative and I can see a few others getting lots of points but I am still having a lot of fun playing.





I also start learning some new star wars card game. I'm also interested in some of the other games but I also miss the traditional board games like monopoly!  



We are treated to some dessert, the group shares some Nutella Pizza. While I'm quite full, I can't help but have a few slices. It's delicious.  The crust is thin so the nutella is dominant in flavour. Hurrah.

Summary: Overall, I enjoyed the Games and Pizza event at Hungry Dough. Why not combine delicious food and board games with new friends? I enjoyed the crispy fried chicken, zaatar bread and of course the pizzas!  Please contact Hungry Dough direct to find out when the next Games and Pizza meet up is.

Price: All pizzas are between $11.90 and $20


Location: 308 Great North Rd, Wareemba


Opening Hours: 
4pm to 9:30pm Monday to Thursday
11am to 9:30pm Friday to Sunday

 Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Hungry Dough Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Do you understand there is a 12 word sentence you can speak to your crush... that will trigger intense emotions of love and impulsive attraction for you deep inside his chest?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, treasure and guard you with his entire heart...

    12 Words That Fuel A Man's Love Instinct

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to work better than before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

    In fact, triggering this dominant instinct is absolutely mandatory to having the best ever relationship with your man that the second you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

    ...You'll instantly find him expose his mind and heart to you in a way he haven't expressed before and he will distinguish you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete