Sunday 15 March 2020

Melted Monster, Potts Point


Melted Monster is a cosy cafe located in Potts Point, a short walk from Kings Cross Station. I pop by with Mr Weekend Food Escapes for some weekend relaxation. Melted Monster is best known for their brunch and burgers, so who's hungry?


It's a sunny day and I opt to sit outside so I can do a bit of people watching. Inside, I also noticed Melted Monster has a giant artwork inside of a Gorilla holding a a burger. Cool.


As it's been a warm day and I am a bit thirsty, I skip my usual chai latte and look at cooler drinks from the Melted Monster menu. Mr Weekend Food Escapes orders a banana nutella  milk shake ($7) which he says he enjoys and he notes the banana flavour is from the syrup. I order a blueberry fruit shake which is refreshing, cold and bright purple.  Time to relax!




Melted Monster has a small breakfast menu but it should cater for most tastes. Mr Weekend Food Escapes orders the Gorilla ($19) which is the "big breakfast" which has the lot including bacon, chorizo, mushrooms, hashbrowns, poached eggs and there's a mini berry yoghurt cup. This breakfast has all the traditional favourites in an Aussie brekkie - sausage, bacon, eggs and I particularly enjoy the hash brown, avocado and the little yoghurt pot - it was a nice change to a big breakfast. I recommend.







I also order the Healthy Poached Eggs ($15) which has an avocado scoop, tomato salsa, mixed greens and poached eggs on soy and linseed toast. There's a huge mountain of tomatoes, onion and avocado which is a fresh way to enjoy breakfast. The egg is poached perfectly.  







I am a major french fry fan so I couldn't resist ordering the Lava Spicy Fries ($8). The fries are loaded with a creamy, cheesey sauce with a mild chilli sauce. I smack my lips as I enjoy the creamy sauce. 

Melted Monster has quite the burger selection and I order the Monsteroo (Aussie Burger) ($14) which has beef pattie and cheese, pineapple, beetroot, fried egg, lettuce, tomato and caramelised onion. This burger reminds me of a traditional tucker shop burger. This burger is really delicious and I love the combination of the pineapple and beetroot - it's a legit burger. I recommend.




Summary: Overall I really enjoyed my brunch at Melted Monster at Potts Point. I think the cafe is reasonably priced and the dishes are well executed. The Gorilla big breakfast is great if you are hungry and I enjoyed the Aussie burger. Pop by if you are in the area.

Price: All dishes are under $20 yay


Location: 146 Victoria St, Potts Point


Opening Hours: 

Open Daily Monday to Friday 7am to 10pm
Weekends 8am to 10pm



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Melted Monster Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment