Friday 29 May 2020

Manoosh Pizzeria, Waterloo

Baklava - delicious

Hello Sydney! As restrictions are being lifted, I'm still proceeding with caution so I decide for a small drive and some take away from Manoosh Pizzeria in Waterloo. I've been craving some delicious Lebanese pizza.



Mr Weekend Food Escapes and I order ahead so our food is already ready for pick up at Manoosh Pizzeria. There are a few tables if you are looking to sit in. I start with the Mediterranean Beef Pizza ($18). This pizza has slow cooked Mediterranean tender beef, roasted capsicum, chargrilled eggplant, green capsicum, mushroom, mozzarella garnished with shallots on a Lebanese garlic sauce base. There is also a mini side dip of labne yoghurt on the side. This pizza is fully loaded with flavour, I enjoy the middle eastern flavours of the Mediterranean Pizza in particular the garlic base, beef and cheesey flavours. I recommend







As a side dish, Mr Weekend Food Escapes is eager to try the Pumpkin Kebbeh (5 for $9). The Pumpkin Kebbeh is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside with a dominant chickpea flavour. I could not taste the pumpkin as much but you can see the orange colour in the middle. I recommend you order the garlic dip to accompany the Pumpkin Kebbeh. I was cheeky though and I dipped the pizza into the garlic sauce which was delicious.






Now for my favourite highlight of the meal, I order a Zaatar Beirut Style ($8). The Zaatar wrap encases halloumi cheese, tomato, grilled white onion and chilli flakes. First of all, I have to admit that I love Zaatar wrap which is a flakey soft wrap bread with a ground of spices of thyme, sesame seeds, sumac. The halloumi adds a nice salty intensity and adds to the zaatar flavours. I love it. I recommend.





Mr Weekend Food Escapes orders the Flaming Peri Peri Falafel Wrap  ($9.50) with a zatar base ($1). This wrap encases falafel which is drenched in that Peri Peri mayonnaise sauce which is relatively mild. I really like the soft wrap bread and the zaatar makes for a more interesting flavour combination.





For dessert, I am looking forward to the Baklava ($3.50). This Baklava is absolutely delicious!!!! I bite into the baklava and experience the crunchy textures and I enjoy the syrup drenched chopped nuts. This was a flavour party in my mouth. I wish I ordered more than one piece. I highly recommend.



Mr Weekend Food Escapes and I also share the Coconut Chocolate Cream ($10). This is vegan dessert with puffy pastry calzone with a coconut and dark chocolate mix coated with wild berry colous and icing sugar. I was quite distracted and hypnotised by the baklava but this is also a nice dessert.




Summary: What a treat! I enjoyed the feast that I ordered from Manoosh Pizzeria in Waterloo. The highlights for me would be that Beiruit Zaatar, Mediterranean Beef Pizza and that Baklava. I love that the flavours are fully loaded in Lebanese cuisine.

Price: $15-30 per person (depends on what you order)


Location: Shop 83/788 Bourke St, Waterloo NSW


Opening Hours: 
Open Daily 
Sunday, Monday to Thursday 11am to 10:30pm
Friday Saturday 11am to 11:30pm



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Manoosh Pizzeria Waterloo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Great read Lisa - thanks for the post - i'm hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete