Wednesday 8 November 2023

Sonora Mexican, Potts Point


Sonora can be best described as Modern Mexican with a twist of fine dining and creativity from new Head Chef and Owner Roy McVeigh. Sonora in Potts Point is under new management. I check out their new tasting menu - $85 per head which is an absolute steal in today's environment.

It's a rainy kind of day and I am meeting an old friend who's heard great things about Sonora in Potts Point. The menu reads simply but doesn't articulate the sophistication and complexity of the dishes. My friend and I go with the Chef's Tasting Menu which consists of 6 share plates at $85 per person.




Sonora is a cosy little restaurant and is booked out. There's a small bar area. I do have a soft spot for margaritas so we order a Classic Margarita which has Blanco tequila, agave, cointreau and fresh lime ($21). My friend orders the Spicy Margarita ($21) which has Blanco tequila jalapeno infused, cointreau, fresh lime, chilli salt rim. The Margaritas go down like a treat. What a refreshing and tasty way to start the meal.



The first dish of the Sonora Chef's Tasting Menu is the Scallop Ceviche. This dish looks absolutely stunning.  The scallops comes out looking elegant and angelic. I almost don't want to disturb the beauty. But I'm hungry and can't wait to taste the scallops with fennel puree, chilli oil and lime ash. There's crunchy crispy shards that also round out and compliment the soft fleshy texture of the scallops. The fennel puree and chilli oil heighten the natural flavour of the scallops.




The next dish on the Sonora Chef's Tasting Menu is the Pork Mojo Taco.  Accompanying the pork taco is sauerkraut and quatro epices. The pork is so succulent and flavoursome, I enjoyed eating it on its own. I also save enough to eat with the soft tortilla bread and I opt for a little bit of spicy salsa roja and salsa verde (red sauce a long with some of the mild green sauce). Delicious.




Next up on my Sonora food journey is the Baked Oaxacan Cheese. This delicious dish also has honey, chorizo, pico da gallo and there's warm tortillas to accompany. This dish was originally on the Sonora menu and cannot be removed because it is quite simple but it's a dish that is guaranteed to give you foodgasms. Oh my god. The cheesey texture and flavours with the sweet hint of the honey. I was exploding out of pleasure. 




Sonora's next dish is the Duck Carnitas which is accompanied by hibicus, hazelnut crumbs, chipotle powder. I am starting to feel full but can't resist eating this dish.  This dish is served up with tortillas. My friend gasps - "Wow, this is so delicious. This is my favourite dish of the night". The flavours all just come together. I think she's having a foodgasm herself. 

There's also a side salad Ënsalada which has cos hearts, jalapeno, tender cactus and cherry tomatoes. This balances out the meal with refreshing textures and flavours. 




The restaurant is absolutely buzzing and I can hear a big table ordering a large round of margaritas. So fun.



For dessert, there's the Goat's Cheesecake Tostada with raspberry granita, corn husk ash. I am absolutely stuffed but can't resist trying this beautiful and elegant dish. The goat's cheese is sweet and enhanced by the raspberry granita flavours. The tostada is crunchy and sweet with a sugary cinnamon corn husk ash. Nom! What a highly creative and tasty dessert. 



 I keep saying I'm full but I keep on eating. Story of my life. The final dish and dessert is the Brown Butter Drizzle Cake  with fig leaf gel and frozen yoghurt. This dish is so beautiful looking, I take so many photos in appreciation. The brown butter drizzle cake is deconstructed but beautifully invites itself into my mouth. I scoop up some of the fig leaf gel and frozen yoghurt. I'm in heaven.  I love this dish.



Summary: Overall, this was an absolutely smashing dinner. If you are looking for Modern Mexican meets innovative fine dining tones then Sonara is for you.

I loved the cosy ambiance, the drinks were delicious and the food was elegant, tasty and well thought out. Congratulations to Roy and the team for smashing it out of the park. I highly recommend. All the dishes were absolutely delicious. I couldn't pick a favourite, although my friend loved the duck.

Location: 37 Bayswater Rd, Potts Point

Price: $100+ per person

Opening Hours:
Mon, Tue - Closed
Wed, Thu, Fri - 5pm to late
Sat - 12pm - 5pm
Sun - 12pm - 5pm



 

3 comments:

  1. Sonora in Potts Point, under the new management of Chef Roy McVeigh, presents a culinary experience that transcends its simple menu. The Chef's Tasting Menu, priced attractively at $85 per person, unveils a symphony of sophistication and complexity in each dish. The rainy ambiance enhances the dining experience, making it a delightful exploration of modern Mexican cuisine. The revamped Sonora, with its creative flair and fine dining twist, promises a memorable culinary journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys..

    Selling Legit & Verified Spammed Fullz
    Updated Fullz with guarantee results
    USA UK Canada All states Available
    Fresh Spammed & never sold

    Here I'm

    (at)killhacks | 752822040 I>C>Q
    (at)Leadsupplier | (at)killhacks TLGRM
    bigbull0334 (at) onion mail . org E.mail

    CC CVV's with billing address (USA|UK|CANADA)
    SSN DOB DL ADDRESS USA
    SIN DOB ADDRESS MMN CANADA
    NIN DOB ADDRESS SORT CODE UK
    HIGH CREDIT SCORE PROS 700+
    YOUNG AGE FULLZ 2002+
    BUSINESS EIN COMPANY FULLZ USA
    CLONING CARDS DUMPS WITH PIN TRACK 101 & 202
    SBA|PUA|UI|UBEREATS|DOORDASH PROFILES
    TAX RETURN FILLING PROS
    REAL DL|ID FRONG BACK WITH SELFIE USA|UK|CANADA
    REAL PASSPORT PHOTOS
    SPECIFIC INFO AVAILABLE IN BULK (AGE|GENDER|DOB|CITY|ZIP)
    OLD AGE & YOUNG AGE FULLZ AVAILABLE
    DEAD FULLZ
    GLOBAL REAL ID'S FRONT & BACK
    CARDING & LOAN METHODS
    SPAMMING TUTORIALS
    SCRIPTIING METHODS & TUTORIALS
    SCAM PAGES
    SMTP|RDP|C-PANEL|WEB-MAILER
    BULK SMS SENDER|EMAIL SENDER

    Quality stuff available
    Payment upfront (BTC|USDT|ETH|LTC)
    Many other stuff we can provide on demand

    ReplyDelete
  3. FULLZ AVAILABLE

    USA INFO:
    -------------
    >SSN DOB DL ADDRESS
    >High Credit Scores Pros
    >Real ID|DL Front Back with Selfie & SSN
    >Business EIN Company Fullz
    >Young Age Fullz 2002 above
    >SBA|PUA|UI|DOORDASH|UBEREATS Filling Fullz

    CANADA INFO:
    ------------
    >SIN DOB ADDRESS
    >High Credit Fullz
    >DL|ID Front Back with Selfie

    UK INFO:
    ---------
    >NIN DOB ADDRESS
    >NIN DOB DL ADDRESS
    >NIN DOB ADDRESS SORTCODE
    >DL|ID Front Back with Selfie

    CARDING INFO:
    --------------
    >CC with CVV & Address
    >Carding Tutorials
    >Carding tools & Videos tutorials
    >Loan Methods
    >Dumps cahs out tools|Guides & Tutorials

    Many other stuff available as well
    Bulk quantity fullz also available

    For Order

    (at)leadsupplier - (at)killhacks > Tel.Gram
    (at)killhacks - 752822040 > I C Q
    hacksp007 @ DNMX . org
    (at)peeterhacks > Skype

    ReplyDelete