Monday, 22 February 2016

Masu Izakaya, Sydney CBD


Masu Izakaya is located at the bottom of china town where Home Thai used to be. A colleague had suggested this venue but I wasn't sure.


On Zomato, Masu Izakaya has a rating of 3.1/5 based on 29 votes. Based on my experience I'd probably give it a 3/5 but given there are so many great Japanese restaurants in Sydney - it wouldn't be my first pick. The decore is nice and I see many other office workers having lunch.

I ordered the Chicken Karaage set ($12.80, top photo) which has 5 pieces of chicken with a side of salad and rice. The chicken is crispy but it's more skin than meat.



My work colleague ordered the California Roll (above, $8 above) along with the dumplings ($7) which looked decent. She described the meal as average. My other colleague said her Chicken Katsu Don (Below, $11.80) with miso soup was good.

I'm not sure if I'd come back given the so many great Japanese restaurants in Sydney. It's still a decent place if you work nearby. Fellow Blogger and master eater choc suez tells me to go back at dinner and order their skewers. I may have to take her advice to see if this place rivals the many other Japanese restaurants in Sydney.

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 6/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10



Masu Izakaya Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment