Monday 22 February 2016

Masu Izakaya, Sydney CBD


Masu Izakaya is located at the bottom of china town where Home Thai used to be. A colleague had suggested this venue but I wasn't sure.


On Zomato, Masu Izakaya has a rating of 3.1/5 based on 29 votes. Based on my experience I'd probably give it a 3/5 but given there are so many great Japanese restaurants in Sydney - it wouldn't be my first pick. The decore is nice and I see many other office workers having lunch.

I ordered the Chicken Karaage set ($12.80, top photo) which has 5 pieces of chicken with a side of salad and rice. The chicken is crispy but it's more skin than meat.



My work colleague ordered the California Roll (above, $8 above) along with the dumplings ($7) which looked decent. She described the meal as average. My other colleague said her Chicken Katsu Don (Below, $11.80) with miso soup was good.

I'm not sure if I'd come back given the so many great Japanese restaurants in Sydney. It's still a decent place if you work nearby. Fellow Blogger and master eater choc suez tells me to go back at dinner and order their skewers. I may have to take her advice to see if this place rivals the many other Japanese restaurants in Sydney.

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 6/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10



Masu Izakaya Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Redfern
    End of lease cleaning Berowra Waters
    End of lease cleaning Birrong

    ReplyDelete