Saturday 13 February 2016

Asahiya, Burwood

This little Japanese restaurant in Burwood looks alright from outside but how was the food?
I stopped by Asahiya on a whim while I was walking around in Burwood. I hadn't checked the zomato score which is 3.1/5. It looked relatively busy so I was hoping for some really tasty meal. However I think I ordered poorly or the main was bad... really bad.

I ordered the fried eggplant and wagyu beef (above, $18.80). The first few bites of the egg plant in the sweet black miso sauce were ok however as I continued eating; it was too rich and quite unpleasant. I would not recommend this dish. My stomach wasn't feeling great!


I devoured the gyoza ($5.80, below) to try and get the taste out of my mouth. The gyoza was nice enough with quite thin skin and a crispy base.  I left and got a more substantive dessert! Not sure if I'd come back now that I've been there and have read some of the other zomato reviews.




Asahiya Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning Bondi Junction
    End of lease cleaning Caddens
    End of lease cleaning Canley Vale

    ReplyDelete