Monday 29 February 2016

Gyros Fix, Five Dock


Recommended by a friend who lived nearby, I check out Gyro Fix in Five Dock.


There is something incredibly satisfying about a gyro, meat full of flavour, chips and the trimmings in a soft flat bread. I am a a bit of a regular at Zeus Greek Street Food and was excited at trying something new at Gyros Fix. The giant Gyro sign with a dancing Gyro wearing a skirt was very welcoming. It's located in an obscure area so I suspect only locals know about this one.There are a few seats inside so I think it's more of a take away joint.



You can order a gyros in a regular or a large size. I opt for a pork gyros ($9, above) with tomato, onion, tzatziki and chips on pita bread. The bread is a bit crunchier than I'm used to but is still nice. The Pork is a bit crispy and the chips are a bit soft. Be careful of any leaky sauces at the bottom. The combination is still quite nice. If the chips were a bit more crunchy and the pork a bit less overdone than it would be perfect.

I also order the regular lamb gyros ($11) with tomato, onion, tzatziki and chips on pita bread. Again, the lamb was a bit crunchy and the chips were soft. Had the opposite been the case then it would be a perfecto. If I was a local, I'd definitely stop by again for a quick take away fix.

Zeus Greek Street food is still my fave <3 but it's always nice to try different places. Check it out if you are in the area.



Gyros Fix Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. This particular Blog rocks! concerning cleaning affiliations. A bounty of thanks relating and to these sorts of getting away from survey. I figure End of lease cleaning bondi | End of lease cleaning Mosman | Bond cleaning Balmain this article will totally improve you. It causes me especially to coordinate unequivocal issues

    ReplyDelete