Thursday 3 March 2016

Cyren, Darling Harbour

Darling Harbour turns it on for locals and tourists. Cyren is located by this beautiful view.


In a dim setting inside, I was excited to try the food at Cyren in Darling Harbour. A dark restaurant can be really tough for a food blogger when it comes to photos though! The Zomato rating is 3.1/5 which is probably a bit harsh.

I eagerly order a hot and cold seafood platter ($99, top photo) to share. It has a nice range of mussels, oysters, king prawns, smoked salmon on the cold side. On the hot side of the platters, there is an array of crumbed prawns, calamari and chips. This platter is perfect for being a bit naughty and nice. I can't resist hot chips or a bit of crumbed food but it can make you feel heavy so the fresh seafood provides a nice balance. I would recommend this platter!


There was also a special which was the turf and surf which consisted of a steak, lobster tail and a basket of chips. It was a nice meal but the steak was a bit tough and the lobster tail a bit rubbery. This was consistent feedback from three others in my group. Perhaps I ordered really well with the hot and cold platter.

If you want to be a bit more naughty - I highly recommend the honey, cheese and chilli bread (Below, $4.50). It's a great flavour combination of savoury cheese with the sweet honey as well as the chilli. However it was dripping of cheese so perhaps not ideal if you want to be healthy.


Overall, I had a nice meal at Cyren. The views are gorgeous and would be ideal for a fancy date. Check it out if you are keen on a few drinks after work or wanting to share a platter.

Prices: $70-90 per person

Location: Harbour Side Shopping Centre, 2-10 Darling Drive, Darling Harbour


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for a bit posh
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 9/10
Value: 7/10



Cyren Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. A debt of gratitude is in order for giving such helpful data. I am particularly intrigued with your article the End of lease cleaning House | Bond cleaning Manly and I am glad that I am related with your site.thanks! Respects,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this awesome information. I liked the way you presented your information. I enjoy reading this blog which includes lots of helpful information its very interesting and amazingThis article is so incredible!End of lease cleaning services in sydney | Bond cleaning Sydney. concerning cleaning companies you did it in the correct way End of lease House cleaning. Much obliged to you for sharing this great data. I enjoyed the manner in which you exhibited your data. I appreciate perusing this blog which incorporates bunches of supportive data its exceptionally intriguing and amazing

    ReplyDelete