Monday 4 April 2016

Urban Paddock, Sydney CBD

THEY HAVE ALMOND MILK FOR YOU PICKY COFFEE LOVERS. Urban Paddock is a great cafe inside the PWC Towers filled with office workers.
I head to Urban Paddock after a recommendation from a work colleague. I head here for a breakfast. It's only open on weekdays so if you work nearby in Darling Quarter or Darling Harbour then this might be a great venue for a work breakfast. Urban Paddock has an outside area and an inside area; it's quite relaxing.


I order a chai latte and amongst all the other confusing coffees, my colleagues confused the staff with skim and almond requests so I end up with an almond chai latte instead of a regular chai latte. Which I don't mind. I feel sorry for the wait staff actually. When I came here the second time there were so many alterations to the meals and the drinks but everything came out perfectly.

I order the sweet potato and corn fritters ($17.50, top photo and above photo). This dish is comprised of three small round fritters that sit on a zucchini puree. There's an avo salsa and a few greens on top of the three round fritters and it's topped with a fritter and a single crunchy sweet potato crisp. The fritters are quite delicious especially with the avocado salsa. It's quite a light breakfast though so if you are hungry perhaps go with another dish.






My other colleague orders the toast ($8) with a side of roasted tomato (+$4) and a side of avocado (+$4). This is quite a simple breakfast and everything meets expectations. Upon reflection though, $18 for the toast and the sides seems a bit pricey. Perhaps this is the price of making amendments to your breakfast.

The dish below is the braised ham hock with poached eggs ($19.5). The ham sits on a bed of crushed peas on sour dough. This is more of a substantial breakfast with ham and eggs. My colleague is happy with her breakfast.



They also do lunch and even drinks on Thursday and Fridays.

Overall I had a nice breakfast at the Urban Paddock. I'm sure I'll be back. Check it out if you work nearby.

Prices: $25 per head for breakfasts

Location: You can enter via the steep hill that leads to Darling Harbour, it's the first right once you walk to Darling Harbour into 2/201 Sussex St, Sydney

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 8/10


Value: 7/10





Urban Paddock Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment